Diablo® III

New Mantra Model

What if mantra's had an "activate" you could do that would triple the passive effect for x sec (activate for free on a 90sec CD) but then you would lose you the bonus for y sec after the bonus ended.
Something like:

Mantra of Conviction:
Recite a mantra that causes all enemies to take 12% more dam.
Can activate to cause all enemies to take an additional 36% more dam for x sec. After the x sec the mantra provides no bonus for y sec 90 sec CD.

I think the 50 spirit for casting a mantra is a little much... The wiz has plenty of spells that are only CD based no AP required.
Would provide deeper gameplay for when to activate a mantra.

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
No comments on this?
I really believe it would be vastly better than the current model.

Reply Quote
They should keep the mantra how it was costing only 25 spirit and not 50.

50 is to much for anyone to sac 1/3 of their resource just for a 3 second buff.

Now unless blizzard knows something about Monks being able to generate 50 spirit insanely quick. They should reduce the cost back to 25 or keep it @ 50 but extend the 3 seconds to 5 or 6.
Reply Quote
Im saying mantra should be free and always active if you have one in your skill slot.
You then have the option to activate the mantra again resource free (like the wiz frost nova, diamond skin etc) for an increased affect. Then you lose the mantra bonus for 10-15 sec when the standard bonus kicks in. This would be on a fairly long CD 60-90sec.
Similar to some passive abilities found in LoL.
It would limit each monk to 1 mantra which I'm personally ok with since skill swapping is available "anytime"
Reply Quote
@Payinduez

I think he knew what he was talking about and knows the skill tool tips. He was only trying to come up with new ideas for how Mantras COULD work.

You shouldn't be so judgmental to others for just sharing their ideas. fyi.
Reply Quote
@ Bottle
Good point. Making mantras more dynamic was the main idea behind my suggestion.
The 50 spirit cost (which may as well act as a CD from what I['ve heard about spirit generation) for a small gain to the mantra power.
Perhaps only a 30sec CD would be better. I like the idea behind a larger gain up front, when activated, and then nothing for a few sec before going back on CD.

Perhaps just reducing the spirit cost would have the same affect. Personally I would prefer to be limited by a small(er) CD than spirit so spirit could be saved for all other abilities.
Reply Quote
I am curious why they doubled the cost for mantras? taking it from 25 to 50 seems excessive in my opinion. I wish a blue could go into a more detailed explanation as to why Mantras got hit so hard.

Even with a 3 second buff they were not that strong and spamming 25 spirit ever 3 seconds had its own penalty of burning away spirit for a buff vs's burning away spirit for an attack.
Reply Quote
03/14/2012 11:12 AMPosted by D3BETA
spamming mantra with crippling, disregarding everything else = is (140*1.24)*1.85 = ~321.2% per second.

Where did you get these numbers from?

140 = crippling wave with rune
1.24 = spammed mantra (?) if you're gonna spam it, wouldnt overawe be better for 48%
1.85 = ??
Reply Quote
They should keep the mantra how it was costing only 25 spirit and not 50.

50 is to much for anyone to sac 1/3 of their resource just for a 3 second buff.

Now unless blizzard knows something about Monks being able to generate 50 spirit insanely quick. They should reduce the cost back to 25 or keep it @ 50 but extend the 3 seconds to 5 or 6.

It's pretty easy for a duelwielder to generate that much spirit in 3 or less seconds. Fists of thunders+spirit on crits rune, for I'm thinking at least 20 spirit a second, (2 attacks per second*fists of thunder attack speed*(fists of thunder base generation(6)+crit chance*15))
Edited by AscendedOne on 3/14/2012 10:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/14/2012 09:45 PMPosted by Balor
1.85 = ??

Might be his attack speed that he accounted for.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]