Diablo® III

At the end of Diablo 1

After beating Diablo, why didn't the warrior took the soulstone and hide it somewhere??

Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
03/15/2012 03:54 AMPosted by D3BETA
After beating Diablo, why didn't the warrior took the soulstone and hide it somewhere??

Because hiding it didn't work the first time.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
He didnt want anyone else to suffer what his brother suffered so he wanted to contain Diablo.

Since the warrior killed Diablo in living form, he was sure he could control his soul....

.... evidently, he was wrong.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Death Knight
There coulda been a good posbility that if he tried to hide it that some one else wld find it, then the proces would start all over
Reply Quote
Because that would make sense. There is no such thing as "sense" and "logic" in a fantasy game.
Reply Quote
Because he was becoming unhinged from his ordeal and Diablo was probably mind screwing him.
Edited by marshmallow on 3/18/2012 5:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
because then there would be no D2... haha.
Reply Quote
Where exactly do you hide it?

The thing was buried deep deep underneath the Cathedral, which itself was fairly isolated. It none the less managed to lure Lazarus and corrupt Leoric's family. No matter where Aidan put the thing, it would have reached out and started the situation all over again. The only solution that he saw was 'holding the Demon at bay for all eternity,' and the fact that this wasn't a very workable solution...

...well, he just didn't see that he had much choice.
Reply Quote
03/15/2012 02:39 PMPosted by SemajNorbel
because he defeated diablo, so he thought he was strong enough to control the power

I'm pretty sure the reason he jabbed the Soul Stone into his head was because of Diablo's corrupt influence on the lower floors of the dungeon. His mind was slowly twisted, his senses deceived, and he unknowingly played right in to Diablo's hands.

I don't remember exactly where I saw that, but I know it was in something official.
Reply Quote
03/24/2012 07:20 PMPosted by Blitz
because he defeated diablo, so he thought he was strong enough to control the power

I'm pretty sure the reason he jabbed the Soul Stone into his head was because of Diablo's corrupt influence on the lower floors of the dungeon. His mind was slowly twisted, his senses deceived, and he unknowingly played right in to Diablo's hands.

I don't remember exactly where I saw that, but I know it was in something official.

Read that somewhere before too. Definitely official, just buried somewhere within Blizzard's lore library.
Reply Quote
Actually, if I was him, I would have thrown it into the deepest part of the Twin Seas. Demons are afraid of water, except those poison hydras in D2 Act III. =p
Reply Quote
He realized that hiding the soulstone again will just cause another incident like tristram. He determined that since he can defeat diablo, he can seal him inside.
Reply Quote
Because all the cool kids apply it directly to their forehead.
Reply Quote
My Rogue shoved it into her forehead because she wanted more jewelery. Diablo is all about the jewelery, you know.

Canonically, the Warrior may be the one to become the Dark Wanderer, but I'll just chalk that up to him stealing it from my Rogue afterwards. He was probably looking for more Obsidian/of the Zodiac stuff.

Alternatively, the Warrior, being the dumbest class, simply tried equipping it as a helmet. That's what he gets for spending too much time hitting things and not enough time reading.
Reply Quote
Because it was found by Lazarus.

Because he just walked through hell, killed a prime evil to find out it he killed a little boy (brother in the retcon) and then snapped. In this instance Diablo wiggled his thoughts from the soulstone into the warriors mind and probably subliminally pushed for the warrior to jab the soulstone into his head.
Reply Quote
My Rogue shoved it into her forehead because she wanted more jewelery. Diablo is all about the jewelery, you know.

Canonically, the Warrior may be the one to become the Dark Wanderer, but I'll just chalk that up to him stealing it from my Rogue afterwards. He was probably looking for more Obsidian/of the Zodiac stuff.

Alternatively, the Warrior, being the dumbest class, simply tried equipping it as a helmet. That's what he gets for spending too much time hitting things and not enough time reading.

Well, the warrior became Diablo, The (your) rogue became Blood Raven, and the sorcerer became the Summoner
Reply Quote
The warrior was already under Diablo's influence even while fighting him. Everything that happens up to D2 LoD was actually part of the prime evil's plan.... besides Mefisto dying, of course, since Diablo took care of that by leaving an offspring and Baal did succeed in doing what he wanted to + his soulstone wasnt destroyed.
Reply Quote
67 Undead Warlock
Soulstone: Apply directly to the forehead.

Seriously though, it was because of Diablo's corruption. It was Diablo's plan all along to lure the most powerful of adventurers into the depths of the Cathedral. He needed to possess the most formidable human vessel possible - Tristram was merely a test.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]