With the release date announcement I have gotten interested in crafting builds for the Monk again. And since the game is pretty close to its final form (in the beta), I thought this might be the time to ask some questions about how some of his mechanics work:
1) With regards to spirit generators: I am curious how/when some of the effects are applied (especially when changed by skill runes). For example, on Fists of Thunder with the skill rune Lightning Flash (FoT increases your dodge chance by 16% for 2 seconds), when does this increase in dodge chance occur? On the third "combo" strike? Each time you use Fists of Thunder (the first, second, and third strike)? Another example would be on Crippling Wave with the Concussion skill rune (enemies hit by CW inflict 20% less damage for 3 seconds), once again 'hit by CW' is ambiguous. Is it only the third "combo" hit or each time you use Crippling Wave?
2) Regarding Way of the Hundred Fists: How does this fit in with the other spirit generators? Is WotHF basically its own combo? Does it break up combos you have going? Just generally how does it interact with the other spirit generators?
3) A specific question about Tempest Rush with the Bluster skill rune (enemies knocked back have their damage reduced by 20% for the duration of the effect). How long is the duration of the effect? Is it 2 seconds like the duration of the slow on the unruned skill?
4) Regarding Seven-Sided Strike: does anyone know if the monk is immune while performing the move? I have heard he is, but I was wondering if anyone could confirm or deny this.
5) Regarding Inner Sanctuary: this creates an area that enemies are unable to pass through, but what about ranged attacks or spells? Can they pass into this area? I am assuming they can, that it is only the physical enemy that cannot pass into the area. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
Sorry this ended up being a little longer than I thought it would be,
Thanks for taking the time to help,