Diablo® III

Are there +1 skills items?

One of my favorite item mods in games like this is the +1 skills. I love when I find this on a ring or helmet or whatever. But Diablo 3 abilities don't have levels, do they? I know you don't get skill pts for leveling your abilities. So is it even possible for this kind of bonus to exist in this game?
Reply Quote
Yeah I love seeing that +1 to all skills or what ever also but I guess +10% damage to all skills could be the new thing if that's what they have :/
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I want to know this too.
Reply Quote
I read somewhere that high level items can change the effect of skills, but they didn't say more :s
Reply Quote
I'm hoping there is + to skills, but since skills don't have allocated points, not sure how they are handling this. It may be + x% to skill instead?
Reply Quote
Why would they have +1 to all skill items, if individual skills (strength, dexterity etc..) give flat %dmg increase to specific classes; by tailoring stats to champions more narrowly +1 skill items have almost no utility if not none.
Reply Quote
I assume you already know all skills now have a static rune they use, instead of leveled runes. Before the runes would progress from rank 1 through 7. It is completely reasonable that the formula used in the old rune stones could easily extrapolate to higher levels beyond 7. Creating an affix to make your runes use an effective higher level would be easy.
Reply Quote
they already released a set of affixes for items that add to each classes skills.

Ex: might axe of leap and stuff may make your leap attack cost less fury or do more % damage.

stuff like that you will see mixed in but you will not see +1 all skills kinda stuff cause it makes no sense when their is no skill points.

Edit:
I wouldn't mind seeing a +5% to all barbarian skills kinda stuff

could you imagine a farmed out barbarian have a full set of armor that adds like 500% damage to all his abilities and tons of str on the suit to match it ?
Edited by Daventry on 3/17/2012 5:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
There are +skill items, of + 1,2, and 3 teirs for every skill. They can only be found on legendary items from what I have read. The only thing I haven't been able to find is whether it improves the basic attack stats or if it improves rune effects. I'm really hoping it improves rune effects.
Reply Quote
i want stuff that reduce stupid cooldowns
Reply Quote
According to datamining there are +1 +2 etc, how they will work exactly isn't all figured out yet.
Reply Quote
03/20/2012 12:34 PMPosted by turtlesneeze
There are +skill items, of + 1,2, and 3 teirs for every skill. They can only be found on legendary items from what I have read. The only thing I haven't been able to find is whether it improves the basic attack stats or if it improves rune effects. I'm really hoping it improves rune effects.

Don't the effects of skills increase as you level? I would expect the +1,+2,+3 to increase the player level for those spells similarly to how the runs level with you. We're saying the same thing in different ways.
Reply Quote
The only thing we know for certain is there will be items that will augment specific abilities. As to how those abilities will be augmented, we can't say for certain. It may very well be a generic augmentation, like for abilities that scale with your level and treating it as you were at a higher level. IE: Breath of Heaven. It could be extremely specific augmentations. IE: 'You can now summon an extra zombie dog' or 'Reduces the cd of your Archon ability by 10 seconds'.

We don't know for certain, but it's fun to think about the possibilities.
Reply Quote
i read an affixe-list that included something like +2-3% dmg to overpower for example
Reply Quote
So from what I'm reading here, it is at least possible that there will be items that could, say, increase the number of poison darts in splinters from 3 to 5. Nothing has been said to the contrary?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]