Diablo® III

Hate regen too slow

Hate regen seems really slow and I'm not getting lucky with any gear to stack regen.
Maybe it's just me or just that's it's beta low level.

I wasn't impressed with the primary attacks like Bola Shot.
So, I reassigned Rapid Fire in place of the primary attack and have Chakram as my secondary.
Both eat up hate really fast... and then I'm left standing there with a bow and auto-shot.

Ideally I'd like to speed that hate regen up
Anyone have a set of gear that can sustain this type of build?
Guessing it might be impossible by intent.
I could understand Rapid Fire could possible be OP if it was running on unlimited hate.

... but if that was the case then Witch Doctor's exploding frogs and Firebats need to eat more mana.
I have them assigned to the mouse and Witch Doctor is now really fun to play! and no real mana issue at all.
Reply Quote
Yea I think it is pretty much impossible by intent. I'm sure at higher levels you could probably get a solid amount of hate regen at the cost of other stats, but it seems the formula they want to run with is Generator/Spender for the monk, barb and DH anyway. In beta the most I've seen on items is <1 hate per sec on only DH specific items so it's not viable at all.

I have to disagree with you on Bola Shot though, love that ability and the AoE is so powerful I use it almost exclusively except for single targets. Why didn't you like it?
Reply Quote
Didn't really like rapid fire or chakram. I'm actually not using any hatred spenders in the beta after they nerfed implale in patch 14, so I always have full bar of hatred, lol.

I'd like some faster discipline regeneration though >_>
Reply Quote
I personally don't find myself running out of hatred frequently enough - so long as I'm actually paying attention.

Whenever I get to the room before the final checkpoint that leads to the SK (the one with the four pillars) I always try and get a huge kill streak, and in so doing use up a lot of hatred by using Rapid Fire.

I think the intention is that hatred regenerates fast enough that you can use your main spender quite freely, but not indefinitely. That's where your hatred generators come in. If you find yourself getting swarmed, pop a few Chakrams, and then a few Bola Shots or Hungering Arrows for some quick hatred and then pop a few more Chakrams.

I think you're running out of hatred simply because you're not using a generator at all, and that's not a fault of Blizzard's. They gave you a way to keep your hatred supply up, and rather than assigning on of the skills to your mouse clicks or hotbar, you instead use the default attack and rely simply on the innate regeneration rate. They didn't make it too slow, you're just not using the tools they gave you.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
you're not using a generator...not a fault of Blizzard's.

this,

if anything generators need to have their DPS tuned down 25-30%, (spenders boosted 15- 20%) to require good DH's who are able to balance generation with spending to achieve better DPS than inexperienced players.

somewhere along patch 12 the beta DH dps was perceived weak, thus a huge buff, but only to generators in patch 13 which I think was a bad idea. Making a generator only build on par with spender builds was a poor thought (a bad habit to enable even if only for levels 1-30)

Hatred should be a limited resource like all classes, used 50% of our play time for 60% of the dps. currently Beta Hungering arrow avg is 1% better than RF! It needs to be nerfed down to 90% weapon with 50% peirce, while beta RF bumped up to 250%, beta impale back to 275%

Better players who balance maintaining a spender when they need it SHOULD create the better DPS. otherwise why even have hatred in the game? hopefully all runes unlocked with 60 gear, this exists; only by release date will we know
Edited by Korba on 3/15/2012 1:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/15/2012 01:23 PMPosted by Korba
you're not using a generator...not a fault of Blizzard's.

this,

if anything generators need to have their DPS tuned down 25-30%, (spenders boosted 15- 20%) to require good DH's who are able to balance generation with spending to achieve better DPS than inexperienced players.

somewhere along patch 12 the beta DH dps was perceived weak, thus a huge buff, but only to generators in patch 13 which I think was a bad idea. Making a generator only build on par with spender builds was a poor thought (a bad habit to enable even if only for levels 1-30)

Hatred should be a limited resource like all classes, used 50% of our play time for 60% of the dps. currently Beta Hungering arrow avg is 1% better than RF! It needs to be nerfed down to 90% weapon with 50% peirce, while beta RF bumped up to 250%, beta impale back to 275%

Better players who balance maintaining a spender when they need it SHOULD create the better DPS. otherwise why even have hatred in the game? hopefully all runes unlocked with 60 gear, this exists; only by release date will we know

I think rapid fire is actually fine looking at it's runes. The stock rapid fire kinda sucks, but its rune effects are pretty good. Impale is probably more for utility, either for stun or the line damage.

But overall, it does look like for single target boss fights playing heavy with hatred generators looks like a better way to go. The way things are looking now, I'm probably going to just use cluster arrow as my hatred spender due to the high damage since its like 290%+100% for a GCD. The rest will probably be hungering spam with marked for death.

DH really has too many good abilities, pretty hard to choose what to use. I guess at the end skill choice really depends on how long it takes to kill monsters/bosses.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
The problem with having hate generators/ spenders that generate disc and disc spenders that generate hate is that nowhere in there are you actually boosting the damage of the abilities.
Edited by Dimplekin on 3/18/2012 12:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]