Diablo® III

Licensing Question

90 Human Death Knight
I am getting the standard version of Diablo III due to my year pass in World of Warcraft.

I also pre-ordered the collectors edition at Best Buy. Is there a way to give my standard version to my wife and use the collectors version for myself?
Reply Quote
The Collector's Edition is only available from retail, and that means to play as soon as possible you'll want to hit a midnight release to pick it up. We don't have any plans to release a digital CE, it's a retail-only kind of thing. But! you may have a few options.

If you have the WoW Annual Pass (or go sign up for it now) you get a free digital copy of Diablo III. This will give you the game right at midnight, you can go download right now, all that stuff. Then, when you pick up your CE, you can overwrite the standard edition license with the CE license and you'll be granted 4 months of game time (more or less equivalent to the cost of the standard edition). So that's a good option. More info also available in the Annual Pass FAQ.

Alternatively, you can get the digital version now, play right at midnight, overwrite your license with your CE when you pick it up, and then contact our support department. In most situations they'll be able to grant you a new standard key, which you can then give to a friend, or whatever.
Reply Quote
If you call customer service you might be able to get the D3 standard key in lieu of the WoW time, but by default, if you got D3 through the Annual Pass, the CE upgrade credits 4 months to your WoW subscription.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]