Diablo® III

Equipment Manager in Diablo 3?

TLDR: Eventually people are going to be carrying around multiple sets of gear for their favorite classes and having an equipment manager similar to the one in WoW would be very time consuming.

For example, a Barbarian could have an Immortal King's set that has a nice balance of damage, resistances, survivability, some MF, etc. Remember completing an entire set gives you a lot of nice set bonuses so it's a nice balance of all stats. In this set the Barbarian uses a 2H weapon primarily focusing on abilities that benefit more from a 2H weapon.

But now lets say I'm in the mood to dual wield with Frenzy so I can pump out a lot more damage and kill things a little quicker. This set is primarily end game legendary items that focus on doing as much damage as possible. This set might not be ideal to solo some areas of Inferno as the survivability might not be as great.

Now I feel like paying my cell phone bill for the month so I toss on the set I probably plan to play the most; my MF set. This set is has a lot of MF, but not stacked to the point that I keep dying. But enough to see a noticeable increase in better items dropping while still being strong enough to solo most areas in Inferno. This is also probably the set I use while playing with other geared out friends of mine in MF gear where we all have nice decent MF sets like this so the average stays high and where we can use great teamwork to do the hardest stuff in the game.

Every time I feel like switching gear depending on what I feel like doing, it's going to be annoying doing it one piece at a time which is why I hope Diablo 3 eventually implements an equipment manager that lets you build sets one time and then click one button to switch around entire sets of gear. Hopefully if they implement this they also implement a larger inventory so we can carry around different sets of gear for different situations while still having enough room to carry new items we find without having to go back to town every 5 minutes to store it in the stash.
Edited by George on 3/10/2012 11:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
I have mixed feelings about this.
From one side I agree that switching all gear manually is somewhat annoying.
On the other hand equipment manager could be abused -- just before boss dies with one button click you equip all your best MF gear.
Reply Quote
An equipment manager would be nice I think. And to easily fix abuse of it, allow it to be used only while in town or something.
Reply Quote
Agreed.

We need to easily access our tank, heal, DPS, and fire resist set depending on the situation. If we carry 4 sets of gear we need a fast way to change.
Reply Quote
i agree if you can only switch sets in town

but then again

theirs only what 8 pieces of gear? i mean common...

Reply Quote
I have mixed feelings about this.
From one side I agree that switching all gear manually is somewhat annoying.
On the other hand equipment manager could be abused -- just before boss dies with one button click you equip all your best MF gear.

Considering they don't have an "in combat" state, you are right, it could be abused with MF. But like others have said, you should at least be allowed to use a function like this in town. This isn't a necessary option that is needed on launch day and definitely not worth delaying the game over. But hopefully by the time that people start using multiple sets of gear, they have something ready to implement so we don't have to manually switch sets before we leave town.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Ya this is a common sense feature for this type of game anymore. I expect we will see an equipment manager(as well as a pre set skill system to easily and quickly switch builds). Both could be limited to in town, or some other type of restriction to prevent abuse if people are actually worried about that.
Reply Quote
03/10/2012 12:18 PMPosted by Dourden
Ya this is a common sense feature for this type of game anymore. I expect we will see an equipment manager(as well as a pre set skill system to easily and quickly switch builds). Both could be limited to in town, or some other type of restriction to prevent abuse if people are actually worried about that.

That's an even better idea. Would be awesome if you could tie your gear set into a specific skill set as well at the click of one button. Almost like how in WoW your spec also changes the glyphs that you use (which are kind of like runes).
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
03/10/2012 12:20 PMPosted by George

That's an even better idea. Would be awesome if you could tie your gear set into a specific skill set as well at the click of one button. Almost like how in WoW your spec also changes the glyphs that you use (which are kind of like runes).

Ya they could make it all one system and make it very convenient. Gear, active skills, passive skills, runes could all be incorporated.
Reply Quote
03/10/2012 12:29 PMPosted by Dourden

Ya they could make it all one system and make it very convenient. Gear, active skills, passive skills, runes could all be incorporated.

Agreed!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
I'm an even bigger glutton for punishment. I want an equipment manager capable of watching across all of my toons so I can see if that fancy new helmet I just got on my wizard is an upgrade for my witch doctor.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]