Diablo® III

way of a hundred fists question...

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
BTW... I do realize that the level of damage seems very unlikely. BUT, everyone's answer seems to be:

"DAT'S TOO STRONK! NO WAY! U R a &*%^ if joose tink DAT!"

I agree that in the framework of the game it seems pretty ridiculous. The only evidence we have, however seems to say that it DOES work that way. Give me other possiblities if you disagree.

Not simply 'No way dude. That's impossible!' A couple times I've tried to figure out mechanically what's happening and tried to apply logical counter arguments to the other ideas that have been presented here.

None of you have even tried to counter my arguments. Mostly because what little information we have seems to back up my points... anyway, I'm done with this thread and these forums for a while, I think. Only so much trolling and fallacious arguments I can handle before I need a break.

(BTW, I call it evidence because the only Spirit Generator on the monk in the video has the icon for 100 Fists, when he uses it spirit doesn't go down and it appears to go UP the second time he uses it. It has to be 100 Fists he's using - none of the other skills on his bar could possibly be dealing that many damage ticks that quickly.)
Reply Quote
Hmmm... typical. Only seeing evidence that you want to see. In the 'super fast flurry of blows' i saw several hits for over 300 points of damage. Did you simply ignore those because they didn't support your theory?

Also, for a long while, tempest rush hit for 75% weapon damage, while 100 Fists was 115%(??? I think).

268(the largest hit I see in Tempest Rush damage)

329(the largest hit I see from 100 Fists).

Not quite a 40% difference. Certainly not 50%. We don't really have a sufficient sample size though. RNG could easily account for the difference.

Of course, those attacks were ALSO at the beginning of the damage burst. Hmmmm. Maybe the first hit is AoE, too?

Oh, I've also reported you for the derogatory comments.

Have a nice day.
Reply Quote
I understand that the description is misleading, but lets have a look at what we can say for certain:
Listing the damage of all the spirit generators, per 3 hits: (taken from the current skill calc available)
Fists of Thunder: 300% dmg, last hit doing small aoe.
Deadly Reach: 300% dmg, each hit doing straight line aoe.
Crippling Wave: 300% dmg, 1st hit 90 degree aoe, 2nd hit 180 aoe, 3rd hit 360 aoe
Way of the Hundred Fists: 1125% dmg. Small aoe for 2nd and 3rd hit.
OR WotHF does 375%.

If Blizzard wanted people to have different builds that are all viable, there's no way that WotHF would do almost 4 X the damage of other generators. Granted the attack speeds of different generators are different, but it's definitely not that drastic. Everyone would take it, and not even bother with spirit spenders for dps.

For WotHF, It's almost certainly the second one, where it does 375% dmg per full combo. 125% total for the 7 hits on the second part of the combo.
Reply Quote
When this video was made Tempest rush did 170% weapon damage. They nerfed it to 80% then 50% now its back up to something else. But at the time the WD was 170% wd. I remember because i have post discussing tempest builds.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3932984010#5

biggest issue here is not enough spirit generation.

where will you be able to keep up 15 spirit per tick with only 150 spirit available to you.

Full spirit is 10 seconds. 9 seconds of running since Tempest takes 15 to start.

You have some high spirit spenders too to go along with your build. Here is an AOE tempest build i built that covers the same thing you are wanting to do.

Run around while constantly doing AOE dmg to everyone around you and hitting 170% dmg to those your running through.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#haQWTR!aYd!aZbYbY

With Sweeping, Air Ally, and MoC with Submission you have 60%+20%+17% weapon dmg AOE.

97% weapon dmg per scond to everything 10yrds+ around you.

Now you take Tempest for 170% while running through targets.

Then you add the bonus dmg from the Mantra and the Deadly Reach 40% 3 seconds then 20% + 30%

So a bonus of 50%-70% dmg.

So the math will look like this on targets your running through. Not the targets that just near by.

(170%+97%+50%)=317% dmg to each target you run though.

(97%+50%)=147% dmg to everyone around you not getting tempest rushed.

My own quote from that time when Tempest was 170% WD.

All of this though is just to point that the numbers you see could be from this 170% damage time. I too am skeptical on Way of 100 Fist doing 125% each hit. That would be amazing but not very feasible. I dont see Blizzard allowing this.
Reply Quote
You can see the damage numbers in the "You Will Die" video. It's not conclusive enough to say just what the percentages are but it's definitely not the same damage on the second stage rapid punches as on the first and third stages.

A few of the numbers I could see:
First hit: 1654, 1339
Rapid Punches: 212, 196, 163, 211, 131, 256
Third Hit: 1472,

It's a pretty pathetic sample size, but it looks like the rapid punches are each doing roughly 1/7th the damage of the other hits.
Reply Quote
Hmmm... typical. Only seeing evidence that you want to see. In the 'super fast flurry of blows' i saw several hits for over 300 points of damage. Did you simply ignore those because they didn't support your theory?

Also, for a long while, tempest rush hit for 75% weapon damage, while 100 Fists was 115%(??? I think).

268(the largest hit I see in Tempest Rush damage)

329(the largest hit I see from 100 Fists).

Not quite a 40% difference. Certainly not 50%. We don't really have a sufficient sample size though. RNG could easily account for the difference.

Of course, those attacks were ALSO at the beginning of the damage burst. Hmmmm. Maybe the first hit is AoE, too?

Oh, I've also reported you for the derogatory comments.

Have a nice day.

I don't know if any posts have been deleted, but you definitely seem a lot more insulting than anyone else in the thread.

Here are the simple facts that you choose to ignore because they don't support your case.

You are seeing TEST footage from inside blizzard. This introduces 2 separate ideas that greatly influence the data. Firstly, the coding was not available to the masses and it could have been a TEST build. Sometimes when people are testing new code, things get broken and might create some anomalies. Even if what you are seeing is what you believe it to be, it doesn't indicate it was working as intended. Secondly, TEST environments sometimes introduce special test equipment like gm items that are far beyond the capabilities of top end legendary weapons. And lastly, just because it was posted a month ago doesn't mean the footage is only a month old.

And more importantly, video games in general are about balancing the abilities of the player to match the content. 1200% weapon damage rivals the strongest abilities in the entire game, and that doesn't factor in ease of use or cooldown. Plain and simply, the ability you are describing simply cannot be in the game because it would break the cohesiveness and balance of blizzard's design, and in the end ruin the experience.

You can see whatever you want to see but in the end no matter how many times you repeat yourself it just can't change reality.
Reply Quote

I don't know if any posts have been deleted, but you definitely seem a lot more insulting than anyone else in the thread.

Here are the simple facts that you choose to ignore because they don't support your case.

You are seeing TEST footage from inside blizzard. This introduces 2 separate ideas that greatly influence the data. Firstly, the coding was not available to the masses and it could have been a TEST build. Sometimes when people are testing new code, things get broken and might create some anomalies. Even if what you are seeing is what you believe it to be, it doesn't indicate it was working as intended. Secondly, TEST environments sometimes introduce special test equipment like gm items that are far beyond the capabilities of top end legendary weapons. And lastly, just because it was posted a month ago doesn't mean the footage is only a month old.

And more importantly, video games in general are about balancing the abilities of the player to match the content. 1200% weapon damage rivals the strongest abilities in the entire game, and that doesn't factor in ease of use or cooldown. Plain and simply, the ability you are describing simply cannot be in the game because it would break the cohesiveness and balance of blizzard's design, and in the end ruin the experience.

You can see whatever you want to see but in the end no matter how many times you repeat yourself it just can't change reality.

To answer your question, yes, several posts have been deleted. If you actually read the whole thread, we were simply having a discussion trying to figure out how 100 Fists works. Another poster came in and began being very snarky and derogatory because I was making observations from the video. They didn't even examine the video closely before they started making those posts, or at least it seemed like they hadn't. They simply came in here and began personally attacking me.

Kinda like you did.

If you actually READ my posts, I say, SEVERAL TIMES, that I understand that this seems very out of whack. That we don't have enough information about that monks equipment, or runes or even what build number he was on(especially important since Monk powers have changed so much in the last few months.)

You're comments verge on personal attacks, which is going against the Blizzard CoC. If you want to continue the discussion that was going on, I'll be happy to do so. If not, why did you even bother, other than to try to pick a fight with me?

Don't be a troll.
Reply Quote
You can see the damage numbers in the "You Will Die" video. It's not conclusive enough to say just what the percentages are but it's definitely not the same damage on the second stage rapid punches as on the first and third stages.

A few of the numbers I could see:
First hit: 1654, 1339
Rapid Punches: 212, 196, 163, 211, 131, 256
Third Hit: 1472,

It's a pretty pathetic sample size, but it looks like the rapid punches are each doing roughly 1/7th the damage of the other hits.

Yep that is what I see too. I discussed WotHF over at DFans and we came to the same conclusion as you... it deals 1/7th of its damage for the 2nd Stage. The question is how will the damage change if you rune it to do 10 Hits?

I would guess it does (140/7)*10 = 200%dmg (20per Hit times 10 Hits instead of 7 Hits).

The whole point of WotHF is that it gives you a higher chance to get "on Hit"-effects. They added a few of them... Just think about Stun on Hit with 10 Attacks that each could trigger the effect. Or the 300HP/Hit Gem with 10 Attacks.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
As Tenhi said, the whloe point of it is to proc on-hit effects.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]