Diablo® III

Exploding palm changed, just fine with it?

Was kind of amazed no complaints about them changing a gainer into a spender, to me, it just seems odd, the skill was a blast when it was a gainer but now being a spender what's the overall opinion on it?
Reply Quote
I like the change. Now you can put it on three mobs in a row and cause a chain reaction which will do 90% health damage to all nearby enemies. If it will be worth it or not depends on how many hits it takes to actually kill an end-game mob.
Reply Quote
like it.

There are runes that help spread the bleed effect and even runes that add 2 targets to the use. So 40 spirit will palm 3 targets for the bleed vs 1.

Now spam that 2 or 3 times you have 6-9 targets bleeding for 200% weapon damage on top of your spirit generators like Crippling Wave and Hundred Fist.

If any of those 6 or 9 targets die it will have a cascading effect. In inferno, i can promise you the corpse explosion damage will be significant. We just have to focus target the big boys 1st so the little foder around them will die from the explosion.
Reply Quote
like it.

There are runes that help spread the bleed effect and even runes that add 2 targets to the use. So 40 spirit will palm 3 targets for the bleed vs 1.

Now spam that 2 or 3 times you have 6-9 targets bleeding for 200% weapon damage on top of your spirit generators like Crippling Wave and Hundred Fist.

If any of those 6 or 9 targets die it will have a cascading effect. In inferno, i can promise you the corpse explosion damage will be significant. We just have to focus target the big boys 1st so the little foder around them will die from the explosion.

Are the new rune skills listed anywhere? I would assume since it is changing from a generator to a spender it would get a total revamp...

Really wish Blizzard would update the Skill Calculator already.
Edited by Vixen on 3/13/2012 8:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I can check to see the runes in BETA when i get home Vixen. I'll be sure to post them if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Wonder if anything is posted on diablofans.com or whatever site that it that released the patch notes.

But having it as a spender really helps with timing in builds. It was going to take up a skill slot for me regardless. I like it now that i can just pop one off between combinations of attacks.
Reply Quote
Are the new rune skills listed anywhere? I would assume since it is changing from a generator to a spender it would get a total revamp...

http://diablonut.incgamers.com/
Reply Quote
I like that it is now a spender instead of a generator, goes well with stats like transcendence

What i dont like is that it does less dmg then its generator counterpart.

the generator was "every second for 3 seconds"

The spirit spender is "over 3 seconds"

Im not sure why but when you see "every second for x seconds" means its affected by attack speed

Example...

The generator EP was 50% dmg per sec for 3 seconds, basically 150% dmg But as i posted before the 50% was increased with atk speed. Id have to look it up again but i think it was 2.1% more dmg for ever 1% atk speed increase. (Note that wep speed also affected % dmg per sec because it brought your base atk speed up aka naked fist punch).

so it was possible to have EP doing 100+% dmg per sec, in fact i had this in my pvp build with +bleed time for a devastating dot, but alas thoes dreams are gone and we are left with this new spirit spender.

Im not at all mad, it was pretty OP imo as a spirit gen(or at least while affected by atk speed)

When monks got nerfed i went to the barb, but now they got nerfed to so im back to the monk lol. I only like playing melle characters. the whole standing back and shooting is to boring.
Reply Quote
like it.

As far as I can tell, the only rune you could be describing that makes the bleed hit multiple targets would be Creeping Demise, and Diablofans has noted that it changed from spreading the bleed to 80% movement reduction for 2 seconds. Very disappointing since that was probably the best choice to rune it with.
Edited by Hax on 3/13/2012 9:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
if that is the change then it would be very disappointing.
Reply Quote

http://diablonut.incgamers.com/

huh?

That is a blank page - I register, and click on Skills - Monk and get:
I couldn't find the Skills you were looking for

That website sucks
Reply Quote
I found the verbiage on diablofans - their calculator is still very old though.

Essence Burn : Instead of bleeding, the target will burn for 250% weapon damage as Fire every second over 3 seconds. If the target dies while burning, it explodes causing all nearby enemies to burn for 60% weapon damage as Fire over 3 seconds. This effect can happen multiple times.

That seems like a lot more front end damage - 750% weapon damage if it is worded properly, I'm afraid it's not though, however backend damage is probably a lot less: 60% weapon damage vs. 30% max life of mob.
Reply Quote
Updated version:

Exploding Palm
Cost: 40 Spirit per attack
Causes a target to Bleed for 220% weapon damage as Physical over 3 seconds. If the target dies while bleeding, it explodes and deals 30% of the target's maximum Life as Physical damage to all nearby enemies.

Impending Doom : Increases the duration of the Bleed effect to 5 seconds.
Creeping Demise : Reduces your target's movement speed by 80%.
The Flesh is Weak : Causes the target to take 12% additional damage for 3 seconds.
Essence Burn : Instead of bleeding, the target towill burn for 250% weapon damage as Fire every second over 3 seconds. If the target dies while burning, it explodes causing all nearby enemies to burn for 60% weapon damage as Fire over 3 seconds. This effect can happen multiple times.
Edited by Tortfeasor on 3/14/2012 12:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/13/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Tortfeasor
Causes a target to Bleed for 220% weapon damage as Physical per second over 3 seconds

i thought it changed from 220% wd per second over 3 seconds to

220% wd over 3 seconds as a flat rate. Not 220% each second over 3 seconds.
Reply Quote
03/13/2012 03:32 PMPosted by Archangel
Causes a target to Bleed for 220% weapon damage as Physical per second over 3 seconds

i thought it changed from 220% wd per second over 3 seconds to

220% wd over 3 seconds as a flat rate. Not 220% each second over 3 seconds.

Correct:
220% weapon damage as Physical over 3 seconds.
Reply Quote
Essence Burn has to be a typo - to have a rune skill go from 220% over 3 seconds to 250% each second for 3 seconds is going to be OP, even with the scale-down of the explosion from 30% max life of mob to 60% weapon damage
Reply Quote
I dislike it. I miss the other animations that went with the gainer and it went well with a planned build I had. But oh well just gotta adapt
Reply Quote
Updated version:

Exploding Palm
Cost: 40 Spirit per attack
Causes a target to Bleed for 220% weapon damage as Physical over 3 seconds. If the target dies while bleeding, it explodes and deals 30% of the target's maximum Life as Physical damage to all nearby enemies.

Impending Doom : Increases the duration of the Bleed effect to 5 seconds.
Creeping Demise : Reduces your target's movement speed by 80%.
The Flesh is Weak : Causes the target to take 12% additional damage for 3 seconds.
Essence Burn : Instead of bleeding, the target towill burn for 250% weapon damage as Fire every second over 3 seconds. If the target dies while burning, it explodes causing all nearby enemies to burn for 60% weapon damage as Fire over 3 seconds. This effect can happen multiple times.

Fixed the unruned description. Essence Burn is correct according to www.diablofans.com
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]