Diablo® III

Why is Entangling shot so weak?

I love the skill and what it does. I think that it will be great for crowd control but the problem I have with is it only does 75% of weapon damage to me it feels little to low. You especially notice it when yout in a game with four players. I would really like to see Blizzard give it a little more like 90%-95%. I'm not asking for a huge increase just a little bump to give that attack a little more bite. I would like to know everyones opinion on this or if you agree with this?
Reply Quote
I think the reason the damage is so low is because each target it hits (it hits 2 by default) takes that damage. So it's really 75% weapon damage to 2 targets for 150% weapon damage total. The chain gang rune allows it to hit 4 targets total, which would be 300% weapon damage. Think of it like an AoE with a snare attached to it and I think you'll realize how useful it really is. It is definitely not an ability to be used on a single target, but that's what Hungering Arrow is for.
Reply Quote
Yeah I honestly see what your saying but even with chain gang rune its not 300% for each individual its still 75% when broken down for each hit or link it makes. You really cant say its doing more than 75% damage to each individual all it does it share the damage with who ever it can attach it self to. I think a little bump to give it a little more would make the skill alot better. I dont want it to be Over powering just to have a little more to offer.
Reply Quote
03/14/2012 10:52 AMPosted by BlitzRapala
Yeah I honestly see what your saying but even with chain gang rune its not 300% for each individual its still 75% when broken down for each hit or link it makes. You really cant say its doing more than 75% damage to each individual all it does it share the damage with who ever it can attach it self to. I think a little bump to give it a little more would make the skill alot better. I dont want it to be Over powering just to have a little more to offer.

You obviously don't see what he is saying. If you saw a skill that said 300% damage to one target, you would probably think, "woah, that's crazy". Someone did a calculation with Hungering Arrow with 55% pierce chance as doing 255% damage or so. This is basically 300% damage but spread across 4 targets with a slow. They both have different situations in which they are good and when they are bad. You can't just look at a number.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
03/14/2012 10:44 AMPosted by Hax
4 targets total, which would be 300% weapon damage

indeed 300% output a shot (when 4 targets are present) so per arrow it is superior to Impale!

i have dropped bola for ES due to the Beta's distribution of packs, rather than wait 2 seconds for the first explosion, I can get 2 ES's out, which chain onto 4 mobs and have a larger range than bolas 7 yard Splash

however i miss bolas instant detonation on barrels >.<, i love Hunger and RF + vault too much
Reply Quote
I love Entangling Shot to be honest, with the 4 targets rune it's a very good aoe skill and I'll definitely use it as my primary attack. Imagine this in combination with Multishot and Cull the Weak, perfect synergy. For single target damage I will use a spender like Rapid Fire.
Reply Quote
It might be because of synergy with "cull the weak"; the passive that increases damage to slowed targets by 15%. If you look at all her skills very few have runes thst add a slow effect when compared to other classes. If you want to use cull the weak you're very limited with what skills to use.
Reply Quote
03/17/2012 08:28 PMPosted by FacePunch
It might be because of synergy with "cull the weak"; the passive that increases damage to slowed targets by 15%. If you look at all her skills very few have runes thst add a slow effect when compared to other classes. If you want to use cull the weak you're very limited with what skills to use.

Even so, I think there's enough variety to choose which slow you would like to use. All of these apply a slow.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WSYgcQ!c!.Z..Za
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]