Diablo® III

About Dual-Wielding...

90 Worgen Hunter
Has anybody figured out the formula for DPS from dual wielding vs. single hand vs. 2 hand weaps? I'm equipping hand x-bows on my Demon hunter, and he's displaying higher DPS with one hand x-bow and an empty offhand than with a second hand x-bow equipped in the offhand.

Also, when looking at skills and how much they improve from weapons, should I be looking at damage and speed separately or at weapon DPS?

And one more thing while I'm at it. Do +fire/poison/etc. damage weapons add their damage to ranged attacks like magic missile or is is already calculated into the weapon damage?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
elements on a weapon are a part of that weapon, the DPS on the weapon will show that. same with a weapons aps + its IAS

dual wielding is a 15% speed bonus (multiplicative)

when comparing 2h with another 2h or a 1h's with another 1h's look at the weapon DPS
...but when comparing single wield vs dual wielding, you must equip them to see the net results from the speed boost
Edited by Korba on 3/13/2012 9:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I dont know the formula but if the weapons have similar dps you will get a net increase for 2 weapons, if htey have a fairly differnt dps then your net can be lower then just going one handed with the better weapon.

So if korba is right and its a 15% speed bonus, then average the dps of the 2x weapons and increase by 15%. thats why you can have a lower dps with 2 weapons if one sucks.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
03/14/2012 03:07 AMPosted by IceLom
your net can be lower

it will depend on the proportion of your damage that is created Off_weapon such as 2-4 rings and 2-4 amulet.

you can see it is a 15% increase because when you check your APS from dual wield, you will notice the APS has increased by a factor of 1.15 (e.g. 15%)

two 1.6's will see 1.84
a 1.4 and 1.2 will show 1.61 & 1.38 respectively which ever is primary
Edited by Korba on 3/14/2012 10:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]