Diablo® III

Diablo will NOT be Final Boss

Just posted this in General, but feels more at home here:

I bet my left ....hand, that Diablo is NOT in Diablo 3 original release....

Anyone wanna bet me?

Here is why I figure so: *warning massive amounts of speculation and fun ahead*

Azmodan has already been pegged as the BAMF of this game.

He is our main enemy, it is a race against time to beat him.

That being said, Belial is another boss, along with the Butcher supposedly. Most people know this.

But here is the thing: in D2, it was quite LACKLUSTER to go from Diablo, the biggest BAMF of all time...to Baal...the equivalent of a Demon in a wheel chair...with a clone....for some reason.

BAAL was no where NEAR as FUN as Diablo was.

Because of this I wager: That in the final cut-scene of Diablo 3, we will get a lead on to the expansion (like the epilogue in D2).

This cut-scene will reveal some kind of horrible epiphany, that we were fools all along, and the real threat was elsewhere.

I would wager something along the lines of Diablo making a pact with Imperius, where they Intend to destroy all of Sanctuary once and for all. Eliminating the Nephalem as a threat, and resetting the conflict to JUST Angels VS Demons.

Tyrael caught wind, and was backstabbed. Imperius lied to the Angris Council, and Tyrael is banished from the Heavens...

So not only Will Tyrael have a bigger role in this game, but the final fight will be between us and Tyrael vs Imperius...

Leaving Diablo for the expansion, Diablo 3: Terror Reigns

Well...that is what I am speculating anyway.

At the end of the day, I think Diablo will be saved for an expansion, as to build further tension, and END the game off on a high note...BUT, Diablo fooled Imperius, as he had a more sinister motive all along...

IN expansion 2 to Diablo 3, we will face an even bigger threat.

After Defeating Diablo for a 3rd time (man he sucks at this) we find out, that in banishing ALL prime and lesser evils, that they returned to their ORIGINAL cosmic form.

Tathamet! In the second expansion, The Nephalem, along with the High Heavens (which now has Tyrael as the head of the Angris Council) will wage all out war on Tathamet...

This is what Cain (who dies in D3) was trying to warn us about, NOT Azmodan, or Diablo, but of Tathamet returning, to end all things, all life, and live in eternal bliss, knowing that he finally BEAT Anu, and won a long waited victory, set in motion billions of years ago....ooooh, I am getting all tingly with excitement.

All just good fun and Speculation, but I think something Like this will play out in Diablo 3, and if not, well I had fun writing this.

*END OF MASSIVE SPECULATION*....enjoy!
Edited by randomtask on 3/14/2012 12:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You're wrong. The act bosses have been data-mined. GG.
Reply Quote
I have been told this, but, I don't really believe it.

I seen a list a while back, I hope that isn't actually it...because it looked lackluster at best...
Reply Quote
Data-mined images of the defeated bosses that will appear in your hero profile to show how far you are into the game have surfaced. They show the 4 act bosses.
Reply Quote
03/14/2012 02:29 AMPosted by Dunkelheit
Data-mined images of the defeated bosses that will appear in your hero profile to show how far you are into the game have surfaced. They show the 4 act bosses.

Well then, I guess I was WAY off then wasn't I....

Stupid people, always poking their noses where they shouldn't... ruining hard working peoples fun....

Where is the fun in spoiling the entire game, before you play it?

Weirdos I tell ya (the data miners, not your fine self).
Reply Quote
I think that it's stupid to have the Butcher be Act 1 Boss, and I agree, Diablo should be saved for the expansion. Should go:

Act 1: Ghom, Gluttony
Act 2: Cydaea, Maiden of Lust
Act 3: Belial
Act 4: Azmodan
Reply Quote
03/14/2012 08:45 AMPosted by randomtask

Well then, I guess I was WAY off then wasn't I....

Stupid people, always poking their noses where they shouldn't... ruining hard working peoples fun....

Where is the fun in spoiling the entire game, before you play it?

Weirdos I tell ya (the data miners, not your fine self).

<3
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Hm, I can see the point of saving Diablo for the end, as it did feel a bit odd to fight Baal in the expansion making him to real end game boss. but still, I think that people want to fight Diablo in the initial release, and that's probably what they are thinking.

However, there is reason to believe that Tethamet (sp?) could appear in an expansion, but I'm not sure if there is any good reason to think this besides hope for how epic it would be lol.
Reply Quote
I think that Diablo is too smart to eliminate Sanctuary. If he does and resets the ternal conflict he will NEVER win. ever. The Angels and Demons are both afraid of Sanctuary but they both need them. The Nephalem are the only things that can tip the eternal conflict. Our ability to do that is why we are so powerfu and frightening.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]