Diablo® III

So when download done

it does nothing and you dont do anything until the day of release you have
to re download it or what?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
More or less. :)

As noted in the announcement blog, the digital download will be encrypted, which means the client won't be available for play until Diablo III is released. You won't have to re-download anything later, but since we're going to be fine-tuning the game all the way up until launch, it's reasonable to expect a small patch on May 15.
Edited by Lylirra on 3/15/2012 7:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
This is actually a good question.

For those of us in the Beta, do we need to redownload the client?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
03/15/2012 07:14 AMPosted by Truls

Yup!
Reply Quote
I wonder -- What's the point of allowing people to download the client two months prior to release? Does it mean the game has now gone gold and therefore there won't be any big changes over the current build?

Because otherwise allowing us to download it now only to have to update it by downloading a couple GB extra come May doesn't make much sense...
Reply Quote
To reduce a massive surge of throughput required for full client downloads on release day.
Reply Quote
Are you serious people!? Who cares. WE HAVE A RELEASE DATE FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
question: i live in the EU and i want to play the game in engl. original language.
does it make a difference whether i choose in predownload engl(us) or engl(eu)?
Edited by D3BETA on 3/15/2012 7:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/15/2012 07:35 AMPosted by Morphesus
Are you serious people!? Who cares. WE HAVE A RELEASE DATE FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT IS RIGHT!!! WHO CARES OF ANYTHING!!! I AM DAMN HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!
THE DAY HAS COME!!
Reply Quote
03/15/2012 07:30 AMPosted by D3BETA
they are allowing people to pre-purchase. letting them download something after pre-purchasing a game is the right thing to do. use common sense please.

I've pre-purchased many digital games from many digital retailers, most commonly Amazon, GreenMan Gaming and Steam. Neither of them allows you to download stuff two months in advance, preloads are generally a week prior to release precisely because of potential changes on the final build on the weeks leading up to release. To make matters more complicated, GamersGate doesn't even allow for preloads in general.

So no, it isn't a common sense issue.
Reply Quote
03/15/2012 07:15 AMPosted by Lylirra

Yup!

Why ?

Reply Quote
03/15/2012 07:55 AMPosted by D3BETA
Why ?

I don't know about you, but I'd like to play the rest of the acts.
Reply Quote
do you get a beta acess when you pre order diablo 3 online ?
Reply Quote
So this 7.60 GB client everyone is linking to won't get any patches until 5/15?

Or will it still get incremental patches up to release day?
Edited by Scourge on 3/15/2012 8:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Why?

Because the Diablo III beta doesn't contain all of the game's content. Beyond that, the Diablo III beta and retail version of Diablo III are totally separate clients.

So this 7.60 GB client everyone is linking to won't get any patches until 5/15?

Or will it still get incremental patches up to release day?

We've no plans to patch the pre-downloaded client prior to the release of the game. We do anticipate that players will have to patch on May 15, but we're working to keep that patch as small as possible. We want to get you into Sanctuary and killing everything in site without much delay come midnight. :)
Reply Quote
Community Manager
03/15/2012 08:15 AMPosted by CSOR
do you get a beta acess when you pre order diablo 3 online ?

No. Pre-purchasing a digital copy of Diablo III does not guarantee beta access.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
03/15/2012 08:31 AMPosted by Lylirra
We want to get you into Sanctuary and killing everything in site without much delay come midnight. :)

Bless you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]