Diablo® III

Kind of wish we had 200 spirit instead of 150

That way we could at least have a LITTLE leeway room like the other classes when it comes to using skills.
Reply Quote
You have to remember Monk is melee first, not caster. They don't want you sitting at the back casting Lashing Tail Kick. Much more similar to a Barbarian, just be glad our spirit doesn't "leak" like barb's rage does.
Reply Quote
the barb can fix that leak with one passive
Reply Quote
I wish we had 150 spirit and could gain spirt by attacking crates, barrels, boxes like the barbs.

Or better yet, attack thin air like the DH and earn spirit.

Or better yet. Give us a flat passive regeneration of our resource

OR BETTER YET! GIVE US A PASSIVE SKILL THAT INCREASE SPIRIT REGEN WITHOUT HAVING TO GIMP OURSELVES WITH A 2HANDER

OR! BETTER! YET! - i got nothing.

thoughts?
Reply Quote
There is a passive that gives you 2 spirit per second if you have a mantra active, and it increases mantra duration to 7 mins.

03/16/2012 01:55 AMPosted by D3BETA
whats the point, our spirits don't regen out of combat

Not too bad. At least now we can regen out of combat
Edited by NLC on 3/16/2012 11:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
There is a passive that gives you 2 spirit per second if you have a mantra active, and it increases mantra duration to 7 mins.

Not too bad. At least now we can regen out of combat

you are thinking about

MoH w/ Circular Breathing

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#...h!!...Z

3 spirit per second. So it may be nice to swap to this while your in town doing items and gear swap. But before you go back to the battfield. Be sure to switch back.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
There is passive spirit regen on both items, abilities/runes, and passives.
Reply Quote
Fist Weapons, Diabo's, Head Pieces

MoH with Circular breathing,

Guardians path.

Yes Ovan, I know of these. As well as the different runes that can give chance to increase spirit from attacks or crits or dodge.

What is not balanced is all the things i stated above.

Barbs can gain rage without even attacking a mob. Either from skills or breakable objects. Really? He builds rage for trashing a table?

DH have a passive hate regen as well as hate generators that you can use to shoot NOTHING to earn hate.

WD and Wiz have fast resource regen without all their other abilities which increase this passive.

All 4 classes have gear that can give +X to max resource. Expanding their resource through gear without having to give up a passive slot like Monks Exalted.

Why do Monks have to give up passive slots, give up better rune choices, give up skills to gain a passive regen, give up gear mainly weapons to gain any type of regen?

Its the worst resource in the game and countless people agree that it is the weakest and hardest to work with.

So thank you for pointing out the obvious but you lack the compassion to prove that regardless of all those things you pointed out. The other 4 classes have them and much much more going in their favor.

Spirit needs to be balanced out through additional passives (Monks have the least amount to choose from in game) additional skills (least amount to choose from in game) additional affixes on gear (+ to total resource, like ALL other classes)

These are just a few suggestions. Will they happen before release? Of course not. But i hope in time there will be a patch or update or expansion that helps the monks with their weak resource.
Reply Quote
you are thinking about

MoH w/ Circular Breathing

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#...h!!...Z

3 spirit per second. So it may be nice to swap to this while your in town doing items and gear swap. But before you go back to the battfield. Be sure to switch back.

No, the passive described also exists (unless the beta scrapped it and I didn't notice), and you can have both, for 5 spirit/second.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#...h!c!...Z
Reply Quote
Fist Weapons, Diabo's, Head Pieces

MoH with Circular breathing,

Guardians path.

Yes Ovan, I know of these. As well as the different runes that can give chance to increase spirit from attacks or crits or dodge.

What is not balanced is all the things i stated above.

Barbs can gain rage without even attacking a mob. Either from skills or breakable objects. Really? He builds rage for trashing a table?

DH have a passive hate regen as well as hate generators that you can use to shoot NOTHING to earn hate.

WD and Wiz have fast resource regen without all their other abilities which increase this passive.

All 4 classes have gear that can give +X to max resource. Expanding their resource through gear without having to give up a passive slot like Monks Exalted.

Why do Monks have to give up passive slots, give up better rune choices, give up skills to gain a passive regen, give up gear mainly weapons to gain any type of regen?

Its the worst resource in the game and countless people agree that it is the weakest and hardest to work with.

So thank you for pointing out the obvious but you lack the compassion to prove that regardless of all those things you pointed out. The other 4 classes have them and much much more going in their favor.

Spirit needs to be balanced out through additional passives (Monks have the least amount to choose from in game) additional skills (least amount to choose from in game) additional affixes on gear (+ to total resource, like ALL other classes)

These are just a few suggestions. Will they happen before release? Of course not. But i hope in time there will be a patch or update or expansion that helps the monks with their weak resource.

The problem with that theory is, once you have any sort of spirit regen AT ALL, its like having a combination of all the resources. You regenerate it over time like a Wiz/WD, and you get extra by attacking like a barb, and it doesn't leak--Making it one of the more powerful resources.
Edited by KidDizaster on 3/18/2012 6:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/16/2012 01:55 AMPosted by D3BETA

That would be interesting actually and fit very well with the monks style. Spirit regen only when you have been out of combat for 10s or so? So while you are in combat you have to rely on spirit generators.

I think that would definitely be different and quite awesome. It would justify the high cost of skills as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]