Diablo® III

Unable to open installer data

(Error:The installer was unable to open the installer data.If this problem persists,please contact blizzard technical support).

I finished downloading the game and this is what i get.Is it just like this untill release date or do i half to install all over again?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
I've been getting the same issue. Downloaded the game when it became available to do so when they announced the release date and upon attempting to install it instantly get this message after accepting the TOS.

Hearing others get the same issue but have yet to see a blue post on it.
Reply Quote
21 Tauren Shaman
Yep, me too. Perhaps you can only actually install when blizzard actually fully releases the game.
Reply Quote
Sure would love to see an answer to this problem, I am getting the same issue now.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
It's supposed to give you a message about not being able to install until may 15. Just be patient. You're not allowed to install until may 15.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Shaman
I have downloaded the full client version cannot install all i get is (lunching Blizzard installer then nothing happen. I tried as admistrator i disable AVG firewall and antivirus still the same result. i don't have any error message. If someone know this issue plz advice.

I forget to tell you also that when i want to download the beta version all i get is the (Diablo-III-Beta-enUS-Setup) i clic to executed nothing hapen. PLZ advice.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I had this same problem when I ran the setup.

I reran the "Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer-downloader.exe" it said it still had some more to download. Even though it had disappeared on its own last time. I let it finish downloading, then watched as it unpacked all the files. Once all the Installer Tome1, 2, 3.MPQE were unpacked then I tried running the setup again.

This time I got a message: "The Fire from the sky still falls. Diablo III has not yet launched."

Ok, cool. I can wait. :) The previous error message for me meant the download had not finished successfully. So try the downloader again, it might help.
Reply Quote
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3723992931
Reply Quote
you cannot insteall the game until midnight may 15th PST (-8:00) that is 8 AM GMT.

blizzard did this becuase its its better to release a game to everyone at the same MOMENT in time across the world rather than having midnight be different for each timezone and some people get it before others.
(only issue i can see is that the poor people in alaska and hawaii still haven't hit midnight and gotten the game (physical copy) at that point
Reply Quote
I am getting this problem as well. I tried putting the installer in the Diablo-III-8370-enUS folder and that did nothing...

I have a feeling that my download might not have fully finished (last i saw it was at like 98% though and my PC was on for a while after that so I assumed it did). Is there any way to carry on the download, or a way to confirm that it did finish fully?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]