Diablo® III

Multi/Suppression and Preparation/Punishment

This looks like an infinite Hatred loop that could put out some serious damage. Wonder if it'll be viable :)
Reply Quote
Probably would work. Not sure how much better it would be than just volatile explosives.
Reply Quote
Can you attack during smoke screen?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
03/18/2012 02:43 PMPosted by Duckworthy

The skill doesnt say you are invulnerable for 3sec etc... it stats you vanish into the shadows or what not, i would assume the moment you used another spell while this is in effect it would go away.

Then again it could possibly just be like a cloak of darkness type of ability, but in reverse from d2, though i highly doubt it,
Edited by Purelust on 3/18/2012 3:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#RYUQhl!fXT!bcYZYa

would be better imo
Reply Quote
03/18/2012 03:23 PMPosted by Purelust

The skill doesnt say you are invulnerable for 3sec etc... it stats you vanish into the shadows or what not, i would assume the moment you used another spell while this is in effect it would go away.

Then again it could possibly just be like a cloak of darkness type of ability, but in reverse from d2, though i highly doubt it,

Just tested it in Beta (patch 15) right now. You can attack during the 3 seconds of Cloak and demons still won't see you during that time.
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated" />

Just tested it in Beta (patch 15) right now. You can attack during the 3 seconds of Cloak and demons still won't see you during that time.

But are you still buffed?

if so then:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#RYUQhj!fXT!bcYZYb

is better, as smoke screen is more efficient for hate gen
Edited by Duckworthy on 3/18/2012 5:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Not sure how they plan to balance this. It seems you could have builds that give near perma-smoke screens.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
So then its basically an immunity (excluding aoe / environment / projectiles)... I am curious if this works on bosses as well (act ones that is)

Also, they may be giving this move a CD or nerfing other skills disc regen if this is abused by someone.
Reply Quote
I can't imagine attacking while invisible is working as intended.
Reply Quote
03/18/2012 11:32 PMPosted by D3BETA
I can't imagine attacking while invisible is working as intended.

Why not? Wizards can still attack while in Diamond Form, and Monks can still attack during Serenity and Inner Sanctuary.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]