Diablo® III

Monk mantra's

Has anyone been in a group with atleast 1 other monk, each running 2 different mantra's? Does one override the other?
Likewise has anyone tried running the same mantra, is the effect stacked?
I haven't made another monk in patch 15 yet and i didn't think about testing it in patch 9-14.

I definitely want to test this later today, if someone would care to join.
Reply Quote
theoretically...
They should stack when running different mantras
If they run the same mantra the stronger of the two should override.
Reply Quote
Doesn't go without saying that the same mantra with different runes wont cancel out the other. The rune effects compound on top of each others.

So
MoC with 24% damage 48% buff is Monk1
MoC with 10% damage reduction to mobs effected buff is Monk2

Both effects will be working along with the base mantra. But the 24% damage will replace the 12% on Monk 2 when the mantras share a target.

If Monk2 is away from Monk1, the weaker 12% MoC will continue to work on targets you effect.
Reply Quote
See that is part of what i am trying to confirm... if both are running MoC one with 24% damage rune other with damage reduction, in theory the group should be getting 36% damage buff and 10% damage reduction. I will be leaving for home in about 5 min so i can test in about an hr.
Reply Quote
03/19/2012 02:28 PMPosted by Marqui
See that is part of what i am trying to confirm... if both are running MoC one with 24% damage rune other with damage reduction, in theory the group should be getting 36% damage buff and 10% damage reduction. I will be leaving for home in about 5 min so i can test in about an hr.

No, the group will have 24% damage reduction from Monk1 who has the rune effect for 24% over the 12%.

The 12% from Monk2 gets overlapped. but the 10% damage reduction from Monk2 does not.

Rune effects stack while the primary is replaced.

Because one of the runes changes the base damage from 12-24% means this will become the primary damage for MoC and will replace any other monk who has only the 12% base.
Reply Quote
and how did you get this information, if MoC isn't even usable in the beta?
Reply Quote
03/20/2012 01:11 AMPosted by D3BETA
and how did you get this information, if MoC isn't even usable in the beta?

common knowledge. With 2 monks running MoE in BETA, we didn't recieve 30% dodge. It remained @ 15%

This tells us the base effect of the mantra will not stack. But rune effects can as long as they are different.

I have yet to test if rune effects for MoC that do the 12% damage per second stack.

Since the source of the 12% holy damage per second is coming from 2 monks. It makes sense that this attack could possibly stack vs's a buff which gets overwritten.

would be nice for a blue to post on this topic. Bashiok... anyone (^-^)

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]