Diablo® III

Cathedral Question

100 Night Elf Hunter
The cathedral we venture into in D3 is the same one as the one in D1 as far as I can tell but could it be the same from D2?

They look very much like one another.

Reply Quote
As far as I am informed it is in fact the same cathedral. The Horadrim built it to contain Diablos essence and founded the city of Tristram, over time the presence of the soulstone corrupted the place and evil began spewing out of the forgotten depths of the cathedral - the catacombs. Those were the events leading up to Diablo 1, then king Leoric's son killed Diablo only to be possessed by his soul and traveled east to meet with the other prime evils while Andariel repopulated the cathedral with demonic forces and herself in order to kill off any remaining Heroes trying to oppose evil's plan (Diablo 2).

So it's the same cathedral but this time a Star crashed in to the place and now the city of New Tristram is fu***d, too.
Edited by D3BETA on 3/18/2012 7:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Thanks for sheding some light to it but now it came to me.

The place we visit in D2's act I might be another place entirely since they refer to it as the Rogue's Monastery and even though they look similar the monastery has that huge gate that leads eastward and the cathedral doesn't.
Reply Quote
Thanks for sheding some light to it but now it came to me.

The place we visit in D2's act I might be another place entirely since they refer to it as the Rogue's Monastery and even though they look similar the monastery has that huge gate that leads eastward and the cathedral doesn't.

Correct. The Rogue Monastery is a different place. Located in the mountains to the East-Northeast of Tristram.

http://us.blizzard.com/diablo3/world/worldmap.xml
Reply Quote
Awesome now I know, thanks!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]