Diablo® III

AH and RMAH may ruin game?

56 Dwarf Warrior
The difference to the D2 item market and the D3 AH is there will be more use as people will feel more comfortable with it.

It wil be interesting to see what the supply vs demand is going to be like though. Gear doesn't bind to your character, so you can buy something and then sell it again when you grow out of it...

03/19/2012 05:33 PMPosted by rudboi
Your point is invalid, MF did not affect rune drops. Enigmas became easy to find due to cheating.

Because you couldn't just farm the hell out of the countess and transmute your way up to Jah's and Ber's, right?
Reply Quote
Actually, if you can beat them kill them. They took the right out of the equation.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
If you let it ruin your experience, that's all on your head. The AH/RMAH is optional, and with pvp only in arena's, the way everyone else gets their gear has no effect on you. So, no, it can only make it better for people who choose to use it.
Reply Quote
03/19/2012 05:46 PMPosted by Schlot
Because you couldn't just farm the hell out of the countess and transmute your way up to Jah's and Ber's, right?

Might take a while. If I remember my runs correctly, it was maybe 1/20 I would get pul or higher, if not less. Not to mention gem requirements.
Edited by rudboi on 3/19/2012 5:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/19/2012 05:45 PMPosted by Tagle
Your aegument is base on the assumption of "everyone can afford anything that is on the AH", which is impossible.

No. No it does not at all.
Reply Quote
Uhhh do u feel ok? Your against it but your going to use it..... Would you rather join every pub game and spam in trade chat for hours for the item your looking for ? Uhhhh I guess soooo
Reply Quote
03/19/2012 06:01 PMPosted by D3BETA
Uhhh do u feel ok? Your against it but your going to use it..... Would you rather join every pub game and spam in trade chat for hours for the item your looking for ? Uhhhh I guess soooo

I never said i was against it, im just saying it may ruin the game in a way. I am going to use it because i want the best gear possible and the Ah will be the best way to do that.
Reply Quote
It happened in D2. Anyways be happy because thanks to the RHA im pretty sure we wont have to pay monthly for D3
Reply Quote
03/19/2012 05:04 PMPosted by DrPro
i am afraid that it may ruin the game in a way where twinks are made and no one really has to work for their gear because they can just buy it with either gold or money.

This is not an MMO. Other peoples gear will have no affect on you. There is no balancing, or messing up realm economies.

03/19/2012 05:29 PMPosted by DrPro
If you have played D2 anytime soon, youll realize Enigma's are not hard to find. That is because of how MF did in a way Ruin D2. Items like that were supposed to be super rare, but did not actually turnout to be rare due to the fact of MF and such

No they did not become common because of MF. They became common because of duping.

03/19/2012 05:10 PMPosted by DrPro
I know that blizz will not be putting items in the Ah. But after a few months, there is basicaly going to be every item in the AH because there will be basically thousands of auctions created hourly.

No there won't be. Stats are randomized on gear so no, you will have a lot of similar items but probably not alot of the exact same thing.

im sure that this topic may have been discussed before

The horse is beyond dead.

Please discuss, No trolling please

Lol. On these forums? Good luck. :)
Reply Quote
56 Dwarf Warrior
No they did not become common because of MF. They became common because of duping.

Early on it was definitely duping. It was not uncommon to sell something for a ridiculous amount of high runes and have half them disappear when you leave the game.

With changes to drop rates in later patches its quite common to find high runes just doing chaos runs. You'll probably see a Jah and a Ber drop in a few hours of chaos runs.
Reply Quote
03/19/2012 06:22 PMPosted by Schlot
[quote]No they did not become common because of MF. They became common because of duping.

They also became popular because of people setting up bots that could do hundreds of MF runs per day. Which was extremely easy to do.
Reply Quote
11 Troll Hunter
if yall think that this is going to only be a D3 thing, youre not thinking big. This AH will be used for all kinds of things that are currently not approved in Wow. Say I want to buy a Panda endgame heroic raid full clear or a sword of vanq in wow for RL money. X uber guild or mr chinese farmer can simply request we buy a sword of worthlessness in D3,since so many people have it because of Blizz "generously" giving it away for free with an annual pass.

Im sure that they wont be enforcing such cross game trades, but im sure they will be more than happy to take everyone's money, though. This kind of nonsense is going to ruin the game(s).
Reply Quote
Finding rare things in D2 was hard, unless you duped and used bots to MF all the time.
Reply Quote
In a long enough timeline, everything on the AH will be massively devalued, helping the "poor" players immensely. As more people level up and start farming, the market gets more flooded with items and with everyone being able to compete in an open market, prices tend to drop. In wow that situation was avoided by having items become "soulbound." So if you wanted mr uper badass helm of godliness, for 4 diff characters, you had to buy 4 diff ones and equipment was basically consumable. In D3, at least so far, items are not soulbound, so you could buy 1 helmet and just transfer it around character to character via the stash. This makes the demand a VERY fixed level of 1 per person (except for the rich who want to buy a 2nd due to laziness, not due to need). So eventually everyone will have everything, cheaply.

Oh another issue that has to be brought up. Even though Blizzard says they won't be listing things on the RMAH, really what's to stop them? They are setting up the perfect system where people are going to be willing to pay money to use a virtual item (exactly like selling pets and mounts in WoW) only now people are going to be willing to pay far more for these items as they will be useful in game. I think Blizzard would have to be INSANE to not set a fixed amount of items per month as additional revenue streams. They would have to be careful as to not impact the economy very much, but it wouldn't be hard, they have smart people working there.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]