Diablo® III

My Hope for Rare Items

85 Tauren Druid
Unique and rares eventually took a backseat to Runewords in D2. Simply neither type of item could compare stat-wise to a Runeword. The only good use of rares became that one-in-a-million ethereal replenish durability Ornate Plate for low level dueling or an ethereal elite weapon that you could use for a level 45-ish mid level dueler that was at its best equal to an Oath runeword weapon.

There was a time early on in D2, before runewords, that rares ruled and many uniques were coveted other than a select few. My hope for D3 is that rare items can in many cases be equal if not better than Legendary ones. Sure, it might require a little luck and getting some really good stats, but I hope that rares become a highly sought after form of equipment, not just a bridge to use until you can afford/find mostly legendary or set items.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
I don't agree with you, though rare items can get to be as good as some legendaries, take the example of http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/exalted-grand-strike-wand against http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/sloraks-madness, the first does more base average damage, as long as they dont change the second for bonus damage, or more base damage
Reply Quote
We havent seen much on how the items will end up being. But from what ive seen is that due to '+X random stats' on legendaries, there should be a load of different possibilities. So if you are scared we end up using the same items endgame...

A windforce with +10 yards health globe pickup range and +20% gold find isnt going to be half as awesome as one with increased attack speed and some form of life on hit.

Obviously cant say for sure yet, but I expect lots of diversity, and for that reason im glad runewords as they were, are not returning.

Otherwise I disagree with you because there's a reason the words 'Rare' and 'Legendary' have a different feel and meaning to them. Even tho D2 started out different, im sure they learned from this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]