Diablo® III

Time Warp / Frost Nova Question

If you cast Time Warp on some baddies then cast Frost Nova does it increase the duration of the spell since Time is slowed on enemies? I am guessing not but would be funny if this was the case. I would also think that having this build

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#dYWgjR!bgY!ZcZZcZ

Would be awesome against PvE. Teleport into group with Calamity, cast Time Warp to slow and boost damage, cast Frost Nova with the dmg booster rune. Cast Spectral Blades with Knockback rune with Magic Weapon with Knockback rune = Ownage.
Edited by Sherloc on 3/20/2012 9:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The question is does Slow Time actually slow time, or the timescales, IE does it make their cooldowns take longer as well, or is it just a basic move/attack speed debuff like the tooltip says.

I doubt it slows timescales based on the tooltip, which would affect cooldowns and buff/debfuf durations, it probably just slows move speed, attack speed, and projectile (ranged attacks) speed, on top of whatever rune it has going.

I have to admit I'm looking forward to trying the reflect projectile physics of it though, slows ranged attacks by 90% then use wave of force or another skill to send them flying back.
Edited by D3BETA on 3/20/2012 10:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I also doubt this. The tooltip clearly says that it slows movement and attack speed, if it also lengthened the duration of you debuffs (i.e. made them tick down slower), it would probably say that. Never the less, your idea would probably still work -- it sounds fun.
Reply Quote
It would be awesome if some major boss like Azmodan uses a giant meteor projectile skill, and you can slow time it and send it flying back at him for massive damage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]