Diablo® III

How do you kite?

What's your preferred method of kiting?

Do you use the shift key? Just hold down your attack and then move and hit shift to attack?

Do you click a lot so it's more micro intensive?

Just curious.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
"2" = my hold still
Hold LMB to run, tap 2 +move cursor behind me.

although if the UI allowed me, I bind hunger arrow on LMB & "2",
Reply Quote
I use LMB hungering, and RMB entangling.

so it's basically just run back then turn around and shoot. Entangling if a snare is needed otherwise just use hungering. I click on the mobs rather then just in the general direction, so I usually don't need shift.
Reply Quote
I'm more of a shift key person. Just run around, and stutter step as I approach the enemies and then hold LMB to run away while pressing shift to fire in the general direction of the enemies.

I find it a lot easier to just shoot in the general direction using this method, especially since I use Hungering Arrow as my LMB skill, so it ricoches off the surroundings.

Interesting to see other people's methods.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
Yea mostly stutter step here, lots of shift, idk havent played but a couple hours of beta though, but i was already getting the hang of kiting flawlessly in between attacks.
Reply Quote
I set the tilde, ~, key as standstill. With just 1 and 2 available it works great. Might change it again when 1-4 can all be used in the full game.
Reply Quote
Has anyone considered an EDSF style keybind instead of WSAD? It would leave the pinkey available for A to be bound to standstill, which means less pinkey stress, and faster actions.

Don't have beta, so I don't know if you could bind letters to actions, just a thought.
Reply Quote
Has anyone considered an EDSF style keybind instead of WSAD? It would leave the pinkey available for A to be bound to standstill, which means less pinkey stress, and faster actions.

Don't have beta, so I don't know if you could bind letters to actions, just a thought.

I've honestly never use my pinky for gaming, aside from push-to-talk for vent. I leave shift bound to the side button on my mouse, so I never physically hit the shift key on my keyboard.
Reply Quote
After patch 15 I'm thinking about adjusting my kiting. I'm getting pretty annoyed with the hungering arrow redirect on some of the larger packs of mobs. It's redirecting hitting useless melee sh!t instead of the ranged guys i'm targeting >_<

Probably time to swap impale back in, lol.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]