Diablo® III

Monk Style

I've been doing some martial arts research and it seems like the monks fighting style is closely related to Tai Chi. What do you guys think/ Is that accurate?
Reply Quote
03/20/2012 04:32 AMPosted by Heralmoss
Monk too fast and erratic, tai chi is about measured upper body strikes while maintaining perfect positioning, and moving with the flow of someone whos attacking you (so dont counter a strike, meet it and reduce it). Monk focuses on attacking and creating his own flow.

so, wushu?
Reply Quote
Wing Tsun - guiding principles:
1. Give up your own force.
2. Get rid of your opponents force.
3. Use your attacker's force against him.
4. Add your own force.

Sounds like an ambiguous, yet well rounded, explanation of Monk skills to me!
Reply Quote
Of the multitude styles of kung fu and wushu, only some are actually related to Shaolin. Aside from a few very well known systems, such as Xiao Hong Quan, the Da Hong Quan, Yin Shou Gun, Damo Sword, etc.

After the loss of records during the 20th Century Cultural Revolution it would be almost impossible for a particular style to conclusively establish a connection to the Temple.

So it really can be a combination of many styles.
Reply Quote
4. Add your own force.

i googled this, and yes the principles of the style kind of do reflect the majority of the skills at the characters disposal.
Reply Quote
4. Add your own force.

i googled this, and yes the principles of the style kind of do reflect the majority of the skills at the characters disposal.

Also, it has a very rough history leading back to one of the elders of the Southern Shaolin Temple and/or a student that attended that temple before it was destroyed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]