Diablo® III

Wizard PVP Build and Discussion

Lets see those PVP builds guys! Please tell us why you chose the build and what you think your initial strategy is toward other characters or arena teams. Dont be shy to ellaborate... I know its too soon to tell whats the best but im curious to see what you guys have on PVP only builds so far for Wizard...
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#eQjiYT!UTV!YZbZZY

I don't know if this would be any good...but the idea of this build is to kite the enemy while fishing for a paralysis proc with Electrocute, Hydra, or Storm Armor. Once they are stunned, you can drop a few Meteors on them. If a melee engages you, Teleport, Frost Nova, or Blur can help a bit. Frost Nova can be used to hold enemies for Meteor as well.

Storm Armor and Teleport keep me pretty mobile. The reversal rune lets me kite more easily or jump in and out if I need to Frost Nova quickly.

Let me know what you guys think. It could probably be more streamlined, but I basically went with the idea of CC is king in PVP.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bVgcYT!eYf!ZbZYcY

My build is built around the 'come at me bro' philosophy.

You will get hit in PvP, there is no question, but laying down mines and slowing the crap out of target's attack speeds while increasing damage taken by 10% + 15% + 20% by all members of your party and increasing your speed by 75% with scramble while shocking them with storm armor and blowing the crap out of them with a nigh free Ray of Frost (additional atk spd slow) all while regenning a ton of hp with Galv ward sounds like a pretty good time to me.
Reply Quote
Definentally a unique strat. You will be so annoying vrs meele lol... yea your main goal is to definentally kite..i just dont know how well it would work vrs other casters or ranged but very well vrs meele
Reply Quote
03/18/2012 09:05 PMPosted by ShanesAghost
Definentally a unique strat. You will be so annoying vrs meele lol... yea your main goal is to definentally kite..i just dont know how well it would work vrs other casters or ranged but very well vrs meele

Once their melee are dead we all turn and kill them, of course.

Generally vs ranged I'll sit in my slow time and dodge everything they cast while trying to ray of frost them - which I can almost spam indefinitely.

Depending on the map I can probably make a mine field and lure them into it/make it to where the mine field is unavoidable.

It really depends on how long mines last and whether they're visible to the opponent or not.
Reply Quote
03/18/2012 09:14 PMPosted by Heratli

Once their melee are dead we all turn and kill them, of course.

Generally vs ranged I'll sit in my slow time and dodge everything they cast while trying to ray of frost them - which I can almost spam indefinitely.

Depending on the map I can probably make a mine field and lure them into it/make it to where the mine field is unavoidable.

It really depends on how long mines last and whether they're visible to the opponent or not.

Im going to be doing 2s with either a monk or DH friend of mine...im looking to do mainly frost speccing...getting frost nova freeze reduced cooldown with ray of frost and blizzard spam...basically opens up with ROF to slow and damage, then freeze, then blizzard then kite till the freeze cd is back up...i want to see how well it works
Reply Quote
The Rules of PvP will effect a lot of choices.

In team deathmatch with respawns, heals and life regen will be very great spells to have a good bit of them. CC+Life Regen/heals and some damage will beat teams with only damage quite easily.

In tag-team or survival matches we may see different builds come into play.

It's hard to tell how PvP will work until it comes out. Personally I'll be using all the spells I find the most fun and versatile and trying to confuse my opponents or just having a shared laugh between all parties.

Here's a fun build to confuse your opponents:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#kajcYl!dYW!ZcYYca

Team up with 3 other Wizards who use similar things but maybe changing a spell here and there for added survivability or what have you and you'll confuse the hell out of your opponents.

It's imperative to think of your team while making PvP builds, which is part of the reason why it's so difficult right now, not many people have had time to analyze multiple classes yet.

You could have an army of 40 images or more with that build, and so many spells. Think of 30 seeker missiles on you or 30 Rays of Frost, etc.

Of course there are the obvious counters like Barbarian Earthquake etc, but it's still mind bogglingly fun to think of how your opponents would react to seeing 40 spells coming at them right off the bat. You may even change runes of Mirror Images to the one that actually grants damage, and someone has to use conflagration. What if Mirror Images works on Hydras?

Possibilities truly are infinite.

Reply Quote

Im going to be doing 2s with either a monk or DH friend of mine...im looking to do mainly frost speccing...getting frost nova freeze reduced cooldown with ray of frost and blizzard spam...basically opens up with ROF to slow and damage, then freeze, then blizzard then kite till the freeze cd is back up...i want to see how well it works

As far as I know the only form of PvP at the moment is 4v4. They may add new ones, but PvP will not even be released until the first major patch (current information)

PvP will have CC reductions. In a team you may not want Frost Nova, but instead take Slow Time since it has no diminishing returns.

Blizzard is impossible to spam unless you use the rune that gives the 4th tick, then it'll be a 10 ap per second kind of deal, which would put your base regen to 0.

I like versatility in my builds anyway, which is why in that build I linked first I have lightning, fire, cold, and arcane.
Reply Quote
I cant believe they are having diminishing returns in D3...that just is not the diablo style. I mean there is cooldowns and that should be the reason not to have it. And yea itll prolly be implemented a few months after release so every1 get sa feel from the game and gear etc...I watched a 2v2 pvp video on youtubea while ago idk if they are keeping it or if taht was justa temporary but 2v2 and 4v4 would be great to see. its gona take alot of playtime to see wat is best with what and wat is best vrs who...its like you said the possibilites are infinite
Reply Quote
If they didn't have diminishing returns you'd get teams of WDs or Wizards spamming frost nova or hex into oblivion and it'd be a game of who ccs who first.
Reply Quote
looking for more builds
Reply Quote
Ok, so here's my stab at a PvP Wizard:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#acjkgm!ZUg!cZZaYc

So, the general idea is to dance around like a fearie using Teleport, Slow Time, Mirror Image and Ray of Frost to harass as much as possible, while spamming all the seeker Magic Missiles you can fit in there. This should hopefully be sustainable indefinitely (if you do it right obviously), and then when the opportune time appears you pop the Archon and nuke the hell out of the enemy.

In a team game I suspect you will try to get as much attention as possible to let your team mates do their things and then when the opportune moment appears you pop the archon and kick a**.

Regarding passives I suspect that Blur could be swapped for one of the arcane power generators if that is an issue. The others I wouldn't trade.
Edited by D3BETA on 3/21/2012 4:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#dYWgjm!bgd!ccZZca

Idea is to get in close range with mêlée classes where I act in a support role and really immobilize and disrupt enemies. These defensive skills will enable our group to repel most enemy attacks while making most enemies main strength (range or mêlée) they're greatest weakness.
Edited by Sherloc on 3/21/2012 10:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]