Diablo® III

Great Evils unwitting pawns of Tathamet?

90 Human Paladin
In the Book of Cain, it is stated that Anu was the original being in the universe, and within it's being was the aspect of everything (Good and evil, Light and Dark, Virtue and Sin, etc), and eventually he cast out his "corrupt" aspects so he could be a being of complete purity. However, these corrupted aspects of him eventually were drawn together and formed Tathamet, a dragon of immense darkness and evil. Anu and Tathamet did battle in what was then the barren void of existence until they eventually slew each other, with Anu's body forming the foundation for the Heavens and his soul ascending to a higher plane while Tathamet's 7 heads formed the great evils, with the 3 largest heads being the prime evils.

But what happened to tathamet's "soul"? Where Anu's soul transcending reality, I dont believe it stated what happened to the Dragon's essence. Flash forward to present day. In Diablo's latest incarnation, it has been speculated that he (or she as it might be) has actually been fused with his brothers, Mephisto and Baal, as his latest form seems to incorporate aspects from all 3 prime evils

I have a feeling that the Great Evils, Diablo, Mephisto, Baal, Duriel, Azmodan, Belial, and Andariel are actually all being directed, at a subconscience level, by the "spirit" of Tathamet, and all their actions, the very reason they are at war with the Heavens, is for some way, artifact, or place that will allow the great evils to once more fuse together to form Tathamet.

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
The Great Evils are the remains of the Dragon, with the Primes being the dominant heads. Azmodan says in the BSS cinema that his goal is to become the Prime Evil, aka the Dragon.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Considering Tathamet was originally a part of Anu, I would guess when he died he just merged with Anu once again on this "higher plane."
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Meh, conspiracy theories.
Reply Quote
91 Human Mage
Well, there is a theory that Diablo, Mephisto, and Baal have all merged together, and will be making an appearance in D3 as a sort of merged Mega-Demon. This is primarily based on the released pictures of Sheablo, which in my opinion isn't girlish, merely that it has Mephisto's skeletal waist, just as it also has Mephisto's extra pair of arms.
Reply Quote
Lori i agree with the merging idea mainly because I believe i posted it and yet no one seems to be on the bandwagon. You have posted on several threads about this and yet people still seem to ramble about the Sheablo being Leah and whatnot.

Blizzard has said that they are stepping up the narrative and i really hope they don't resort to that. If they go in that direction then i feel like it would be Starcraft all over again. (not like good guys turning evil is a new thing to Blizzard. Ex. Tychus, Sylvanas Windrunner, Arthas, Kerrigan. Need i go on.)
Reply Quote
03/18/2012 02:43 PMPosted by D3BETA
Facing Tathamet in the last xpac of D3 would be beyond badass.

This.
Reply Quote
03/26/2012 10:15 AMPosted by Rem
Facing Tathamet in the last xpac of D3 would be beyond badass.

This.

please no, that would make no sense. because part of him is in the Nephalem, us/ansestors and we would need to merge aswell
Reply Quote
03/18/2012 07:11 AMPosted by marshmallow
The Great Evils are the remains of the Dragon, with the Primes being the dominant heads. Azmodan says in the BSS cinema that his goal is to become the Prime Evil, aka the Dragon.

when you think of prim think transformers, diablo mephesto and baal are the prime evils, and the rest are lesser evils. but in the book of cain all it is, just the ranking in hell. they all are equal in danger to us and Heaven. and at one point both heaven and hell where against us.
Reply Quote
03/30/2012 06:07 AMPosted by Gunghoe

This.

please no, that would make no sense. because part of him is in the Nephalem, us/ansestors and we would need to merge aswell

You make a good point, but Nephalem are abominations outside of the natural order of creation. To put it simply, we were not supposed to exist and this is why our fate cannot be seen. I doubt that Tathamet or Anu would "absorb us" like the angels/demons. But I doubt either of them would simply absorb angels/demons.

I think this is the next logical step, after the great conflict is concluded (if it is). This will likely involve Trang-Oul and other unmentioned celestial dragons, which will sweep up angels, demons, and nephalem alike, and culminate in *something* apocalyptic happening that would put all three realms in danger. In short, the perfectly epic ending storyline. i would assume that in the end, the celestial dragons will realize that only the nephalem have the potential to be a truly balanced life form.

Yay Specumulation!
Reply Quote

You make a good point, but Nephalem are abominations outside of the natural order of creation. To put it simply, we were not supposed to exist and this is why our fate cannot be seen. I doubt that Tathamet or Anu would "absorb us" like the angels/demons. But I doubt either of them would simply absorb angels/demons.

I think this is the next logical step, after the great conflict is concluded (if it is). This will likely involve Trang-Oul and other unmentioned celestial dragons, which will sweep up angels, demons, and nephalem alike, and culminate in *something* apocalyptic happening that would put all three realms in danger. In short, the perfectly epic ending storyline. i would assume that in the end, the celestial dragons will realize that only the nephalem have the potential to be a truly balanced life form.

Yay Specumulation!

there is only the one dragon, and it represents all evil and nothing good, and would care less about the potential of the nephalem. They are also not abominations, they have souls, and go the same place after death, the void, ware no one can reach other than Nephalem. the dragon and anu are long gone, they will never come back, because they can not, they would have to destroy the nephelam, to get all their energy and sprites that make them up. which is impossible to play the game, because the char race is dead.
Reply Quote
http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Trag%27Oul

"Dragon-Like Being" Close enough. He represents balance.

"I cannot see the fate of the Nephalem because they are not part of the natural order of creation."
Reply Quote
In the Book of Cain, it is stated that Anu was the original being in the universe, and within it's being was the aspect of everything (Good and evil, Light and Dark, Virtue and Sin, etc), and eventually he cast out his "corrupt" aspects so he could be a being of complete purity. However, these corrupted aspects of him eventually were drawn together and formed Tathamet, a dragon of immense darkness and evil. Anu and Tathamet did battle in what was then the barren void of existence until they eventually slew each other, with Anu's body forming the foundation for the Heavens and his soul ascending to a higher plane while Tathamet's 7 heads formed the great evils, with the 3 largest heads being the prime evils.

But what happened to tathamet's "soul"? Where Anu's soul transcending reality, I dont believe it stated what happened to the Dragon's essence. Flash forward to present day. In Diablo's latest incarnation, it has been speculated that he (or she as it might be) has actually been fused with his brothers, Mephisto and Baal, as his latest form seems to incorporate aspects from all 3 prime evilsI have a feeling that the Great Evils, Diablo, Mephisto, Baal, Duriel, Azmodan, Belial, and Andariel are actually all being directed, at a subconscience level, by the "spirit" of Tathamet, and all their actions, the very reason they are at war with the Heavens, is for some way, artifact, or place that will allow the great evils to once more fuse together to form Tathamet.Thoughts?

Sounds plausible. Reminds me of the "One Being" from Mortal Kombat. Might be the point of this "Black Soulstone." Or perhaps the evils must be killed in order for them to reform into Tathament. Perhaps their deaths are part of the plan. He would make an awesome boss for the final expansion.
Reply Quote
94 Human Paladin
Actually I made a post on something similar but different from what the OP stated a while back guessing that the three exiled Prime Evils are trying to merge into a more primordial, Tathamet-like state.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4139866064

This is indicated by the appearance of Diablo becoming more dragon-like in appearance, as well as the three mouths he now has, his main, and the two on his shoulders. Also with some Baal-like characteristics (4 arms), it looks like he already merged with him. Possibly merged with Mephisto as well, indicated possibly by the shape of Diablo's new horns and abundance of crazy spikes over his back.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage

But what happened to tathamet's "soul"? Where Anu's soul transcending reality, I dont believe it stated what happened to the Dragon's essence. Flash forward to present day. In Diablo's latest incarnation, it has been speculated that he (or she as it might be) has actually been fused with his brothers, Mephisto and Baal, as his latest form seems to incorporate aspects from all 3 prime evilsI have a feeling that the Great Evils, Diablo, Mephisto, Baal, Duriel, Azmodan, Belial, and Andariel are actually all being directed, at a subconscience level, by the "spirit" of Tathamet, and all their actions, the very reason they are at war with the Heavens, is for some way, artifact, or place that will allow the great evils to once more fuse together to form Tathamet.Thoughts?

Perhaps the Black Soul Stone contains Tethamet's consciousness? I'm not familiar with either the sin war, or the battle between Anu and Tethamet, but judging by the way the previous games have dealt with the death of great evils, the Black Soul Stone seems to be a likely culprit
Reply Quote
Why would Tethamet have a soul? He is still part of Anu.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Tethamat may have a soul stone, mainly because mephisto, baal, and (assumedly) diablo had soul stones. This is not to say that they have souls per se, but they have a physical representation of their core essence.
Reply Quote
Tethamat was the dragon that spawned from anu's evil, the worldstone is anu's eye and the soulstones were made from the worldstone, so unless theres another worldstone that happens to be one of the many eyes the dragon had, thats highly unlikely.
Mephisto, baal and diablo didnt "have" soulstones, those were made under Tyrael's orders who was decieved by Azual to imprison the prime evils, but it was all part of the brothers' plan.
Reply Quote
I would actually argue that Nephalem are the closest thing in the Diablo universe to the original Anu rather than being abominations - they are the reunification of the remnants of both pure Anu and Tathamet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]