Diablo® III

Mind = Exploded, Meteor Build/Question

So I was putting a build together and was wondering. If you had Meteor runed with Meteor shower (100% per meteor x7 meteors), are damage modifiers added to each meteor or to the combine dmg of the spell?

Here's the build I was working on:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#adglXQ!YeT!YbZaZb

If dmg is added per meteor the added dmg would be 15%(GC) + 10%(CON) + 15%(SF) + 20%(TW) + 75%(AD). If this was the case each meteor in the shower would do 245% dmg.
Edited by Sherloc on 3/18/2012 10:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It doesn't matter how it is applied. 20% of 100 and 20% of 100 is the same as 20% of 200.

Arcane Dynamo should effect the entire spell, which means 75% to each ball.

Conflagration has been nerfed to 10%. Meteor has been nerfed quite a bit as well but I can't tell you how much that particular rune has been nerfed. Familiar has been nerfed a bit as well, but again I can't tell you how much.

Not all of the meteors will hit all of the targets. maybe 2 or 3 would hit each one if you're incredibly lucky and if they don't put a cap of 1 per mob or anything like that.

Bonus Damage %s are multiplicative, so it's 277.7% weapon damage. Also, you must include int. That % will vary, but then will be nerfed by each individual mob's resistances.

Note that Arcane Dynamo is only a % chance off each signature ability to give 1 flash and you need 5 flashes. No one knows what the proc % is, but even it were 50% you'd have to cast 10 signatures before it's up, meaning you regen enough for 1.66 comets.

Reply Quote
It doesn't matter how it is applied. 20% of 100 and 20% of 100 is the same as 20% of 200.

Arcane Dynamo should effect the entire spell, which means 75% to each ball.

Conflagration has been nerfed to 10%. Meteor has been nerfed quite a bit as well but I can't tell you how much that particular rune has been nerfed. Familiar has been nerfed a bit as well, but again I can't tell you how much.

Not all of the meteors will hit all of the targets. maybe 2 or 3 would hit each one if you're incredibly lucky and if they don't put a cap of 1 per mob or anything like that.

Bonus Damage %s are multiplicative, so it's 277.7% weapon damage. Also, you must include int. That % will vary, but then will be nerfed by each individual mob's resistances.

Note that Arcane Dynamo is only a % chance off each signature ability to give 1 flash and you need 5 flashes. No one knows what the proc % is, but even it were 50% you'd have to cast 10 signatures before it's up, meaning you regen enough for 1.66 comets.

Man I feel stupid, you're correct about how the dmg is aggregated. Even if they nerfed some of the dmg each meteor should do a substantial amount of dmg, and knowing not all will hit you could cast two of them one on top of the other.

Here's a video of the rune effect. Look at 1:08 to get the Meteor Shower rune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=KSQ0t43PEIw&feature=endscreen
Edited by Sherloc on 3/18/2012 9:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah I've seen it before. It's pretty much a max of 3 hitting in any one little area, but mobs can move fairly quickly in this game. 2 is about the best you could hope for imo.

It's not my favorite spell pure damage-wise but it looks freakin' awesome.
Reply Quote
The range of where the meteors hit mobs is based on the circles on the ground where it drops, the actual meteor itself doesn't have to hit, though I do wonder if it has a sort of damage by range ratio.

Say if it gets hit directly it takes 100% damage, but for each step farther from the center it takes slightly less, since some mobs on the edge seem like they take just a chip of damage, but it still hits.

I think it will be a pretty effective skill for farming larger groups, though it might need to be tweaked to match the chanelling skills since they did that big game wide nerf.
Reply Quote
The range of where the meteors hit mobs is based on the circles on the ground where it drops, the actual meteor itself doesn't have to hit, though I do wonder if it has a sort of damage by range ratio.

Say if it gets hit directly it takes 100% damage, but for each step farther from the center it takes slightly less, since some mobs on the edge seem like they take just a chip of damage, but it still hits.

I think it will be a pretty effective skill for farming larger groups, though it might need to be tweaked to match the chanelling skills since they did that big game wide nerf.

Nothing I can recall has every done partial damage like what you say in the diablo series. It's not impossible but I really doubt it. Arcane Orb's explosion does the same damage no matter where they are relative to the orb, as does torrent etc.

It could be good, but I'm thinking its a little too random for my tastes atm.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]