Diablo® III

Patch 15 made me uneasy... for the first time

This is awesome and epic news - so good to hear. Can't wait to get more play time in on the beta this week.
Reply Quote
I still haven't died in Beta yet but yesterday was the closest I have ever got.

Blue Teleporting Archer champions will pee in your cheerios. Seriously, they actually spread out into a circle formation around me and when I went after each one individually, they would teleport away from me at least once. The AI was strong with them.
Reply Quote
Yeah the games much better and more challenging now, but i dont feel like its *hard* which it prob shouldnt be in first stage of a1 normal, only thing i had problems with was wizard, just felt so weak O.o
Reply Quote
This is great! Played through with the wizard and I actually had to concentrate, even actively pick up health orbs on the ground. Before the SK I opened it up to public and it took a while to kill him when we were 4 players. Almost 1/3 of my life was gone in one hit :D

Im gonna let a friend of mine, an absolute non pc-gamer play through the beta and see how she does :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
thank god! ive been waiting to hear this! i played the BETA for the first time about 2 days b4 patch 15 and it was retarded easy, took 4 hours and i had lvl 8 of every class and SK was dead on each, now maybe itll take some effort!

Edited by Tërror on 3/19/2012 9:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/19/2012 09:26 AMPosted by Tërror
thank god! ive been waiting to hear this! i played the BETA for the first time about 2 days b4 patch 15 and it was retarded easy, took 4 hours and i had lvl 8 of every class and SK was dead on each, now maybe itll take some effort!
Effort? No. It's still not difficult, it's just less safe.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/19/2012 09:27 AMPosted by LFK

well thats disappointing.
Reply Quote
Honestly, I hope normal mode isn't as hard as it is in Patch 15.

I hope Nightmare is strikingly difficult.

I hope Hell is basically impossible unless you know how to use all active spells effectively in succession, as well as utilizing tactics and strategies therein.

I hope that in Inferno, every single enemy you face off with, 1v1, is the most challenging piece of work you've ever experienced just to make it out alive. And I hope every enemy comes paired with at least 3 or 4 others.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
FoE
03/19/2012 09:28 AMPosted by Tërror

Its the tutorial lvl, it shouldnt actually be hard. Having at least a little danger is good though.
Reply Quote
I've been playing and it doesn't seem all that much harder
Reply Quote
Since there is no penalty for death the only thing that will make me scared is hardcore... CANT WAIT
Reply Quote
03/19/2012 09:28 AMPosted by Tërror

Okay, well, yes, it does take some effort, you can't just show up up and have things fall over, you do need to play the game, but it's not going to make you take steps back and seriously reconsider your entire approach. It's lethal enough to make you wake up and pay attention, not so lethal that you need to hone your skills before giving it another shot.

Like SK, he does just enough damage to make you wet your pants, but not enough to outright slaughter you. It's tense, it's dangerous, but you still have a lot of leeway to learn the fight as you're doing it the first time. You can afford to make mistakes, but if you make too many you'll die.

It's still a tutorial, but it's finally training players to do more than just attack, move, and loot.

Honestly, right now, in terms of balance between challenge and training I'd say it's approaching God of War 1 and Mega Man X's tutorials, and those two are nigh perfect.
Reply Quote
Well, that's nice to hear but for me it's still too easy, i wish they will improve the difficulty and make it even harder, anyway i guess I'm just better then you ;)
Reply Quote
Community Manager
The enemies are indeed a bit more difficult in Normal difficulty now.

It looks like the responses in this thread are unanimously in-favor.
Reply Quote
I died twice today with my Monk. Wow, it was awesome. The skelly king owned me!
Reply Quote
The enemies are indeed a bit more difficult in Normal difficulty now.

It looks like the responses in this thread are unanimously in-favor.

Before anyone bashes me, I didn't mind normal being a cake walk as it's suppose to be easy for new players. However, there is a balance between being /faceroll easy and being easy but still requires thought.

As long as most players can still beat normal without getting stuck in too many places, I think it's a good thing. We, veterans, all know already that the true fun doesn't come until Nightmare or Hell (and now Inferno) anyway. :P
Reply Quote
Totally agree.

Game feels great. Played a WD. My minions died, not too easily but not often. I had to recast them, they acted as a meat shield, worked out. I was in a 3 player game, we had to stick together. The one time I was separated (by only a few screens) I got into a nasty contest with some wretched mothers who were making zombies faster than I could kill them (note: killing them quickly turned into kiting them and trying to stay alive). Needed to call for help, barely survived until it arrived.
Edited by Dusk on 3/19/2012 12:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]