Diablo® III

Nephalem Valor Buff

(Locked)

Sounds great.
I would say please make it persist through Death. There would be nothing more frustrating / annoying than being in a game with some folks and the group wipes so everyone leaves because the lost their buff.

Also I like the idea of the stacking buff so that if you want the really rare items or want the extra challenge (or because you have more time ) you can go for a bunch of rare / champion mobs then on to the boss.

I also wonder if there is a possible tie in here whereby increasing the buff also increases a buff on the boss (to make it harder to kill)?
Which would be like an optional challenge mode.
Interesting new Turn.
Great!
I was afraid that you had destroyed the entire pleasure of killing major bosses...
We know that if it doesn't stack, players would want to kill a boss immediately after receiving the buff. If it does stack, people would want to kill the most elite/rare possible before taking on a boss, which does penalize short sessions of playing the game.

So here's my idea: Let the stack bonus decrease as you get more stacking buffs. It will encourage killing a lot of elite/rare, but not too much.

It would go something a bit like this :
The 1st buff gives 100% of it's effect.
The 2rd buff gives 66% of it's effect. (166% stacked)
The 3th buff gives 44% of it's effect. (310% stacked)
The 4th buff gives 29% (339% stacked)
The 5th buff gives 19% (358% stacked)

Just an example.
Very good system! Like it very much.
Almost feelds like you took an idea there from a thread of me. :-P

Now there only remains one big problem in the game: Groups not playing together! Join a public game and you have 4 people, all running around in a different direction. Even in hard encounters, no one helps, because why should they care? If you write anything, no response. Not even in hardcore!
If one finds a nice event or quest, they just rush through, without telling you, "stealing" worthy experience.
This is the way, 80% of Beta's public games go at this very moment.

Blizzard, we a) need reward for playing together and b) we need a option to un-party a player or at least vote-kick or any other thing.
And if you say "in hell and inferno they would need to help each other or they all die", I respond: And in normal and nightmare, public games stay like !@#$?

This is the first ten minutes of Act 1 on Normal difficulty. Group play isn't necessary. Assuming difficulty ramps up as Blizzard has promised, this won't be the case in later Acts or in Nightmare, Hell, Inferno.

Normal is for nailing down the mechanics, the storyline, the mobs. The rest of the difficulties are where you start to hone your skills and work as a group.
It's really nice to see that Blizzard does listen to worthwhile suggestions!! I did see this suggestion(an unpolished version of it) from one of the threads a while ago.
I think it should stack, otherwise you swap your skills for a boss before you kill the rare monster pack. And then go to the boss. And you still end up playing boss runs only need to kill a rare pack first.

I also think its best that the buff is removed after death.
Will be interesting to hear how high the buff goes as well, when you get that far.

Is it meant to offer a substantial enough buff to compete with the MF you can get from gear?
For example lets say you can get 400% MF from gear at lvl 60, even without sacrificing too much else (doesn't matter if this number is realistic or not).
Then getting for example max 50% MF from this buff would be somewhat insubstantial compared to what you already had.

And as others have said, it pretty much need to stack. Killing 1 rare pack before killing a boss wouldn't achieve any of the goals you set up. It wouldn't discourage respeccing much, it wouldn't discourage boss farming.
Preferably it should take a while to build up the buff to its max (and then let it exist through multiple sessions to compensate).
Edited by D3BETA on 3/21/2012 9:25 AM PDT
If I may add - not sure EU can post here:

Great idea. What would be even cooler would be that when you kill att boss, it resets the MF buff to 0, just as if you were respecing, leaving or whatever. BUT it would give you a 2nd buff that gave you +MF for elite/rares (not bosses!) that would be used up on successfull kill of a pack or rare. This buff would persist when leaving the game but not if respeccing.

This way, if you have short amount of time and just wanna rush the boss you dont have a buff but you will get one on the kill and maybe the next day you do have time for some exploring and if not, maybe you value the buff (exploring) above killing a boss if you are stressed for time yet again.
We know that if it doesn't stack, players would want to kill a boss immediately after receiving the buff. If it does stack, people would want to kill the most elite/rare possible before taking on a boss, which does penalize short sessions of playing the game.

So here's my idea: Let the stack bonus decrease as you get more stacking buffs. It will encourage killing a lot of elite/rare, but not too much.

It would go something a bit like this :
The 1st buff gives 100% of it's effect.
The 2rd buff gives 66% of it's effect. (166% stacked)
The 3th buff gives 44% of it's effect. (310% stacked)
The 4th buff gives 29% (339% stacked)
The 5th buff gives 19% (358% stacked)

Just an example.

Suggested this on page 4. I agree.
90 Human Priest
Brilliant! Very cool!
this is just wonderful :D. i love it! great idea guys
This looks amazing. I don't remember who else proposed this, but another person kept suggesting a MF/GF buff for not switching skills. I think this is effectively that system, and it seems really like a great implementation.

One question: Why only at 60?

I don't think you unlock everything until then (skills, runes, passives). Having this implemented before 60 would detract from experimentation with the new stuff, rather than encourage it.
I was worried about this until they clarified the level 60 part. Now, I'm excited for this change.
Yes!!!!! Make this happen!!! Great idea.
fantastic idea! LOVE IT!
24 Undead Rogue
Isn't this kind of contradictory to what Jay Wilson was saying when Diablo 3 was first announced?

Blizzard wanted Diablo 3 to be a kind of pick up and leave whenever you want to, casual type of game. This is turning it into being more like farm for 10 hours straight or you're not getting the full benefits of your Valor.

Sounds cool.
This gets the cratzky seal of approval. GJ BLIZZ!
90 Human Paladin
Really like this change. Great encouragement to stick with the build you like.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]