Diablo® III

Nephalem Valor Buff

(Locked)

07/04/2012 09:32 AMPosted by Arsynz
We’re working hard on balancing and testing Diablo III

Umm... should'nt that have been done before the game was released?

one of the major components is making sure that the end game experience is fun and exciting

Umm... should'nt that have been in place before the game was released?

Just let us know when Beta is over so we can check it out and "test" it for you guys.

You do realize those comments were in fact made before the game was released and during beta?

check the dates....
Now... Include the carryover of NV buff in between acts!
Players should be rewarded for acquiring combat ready/effective MF gear, not get rid of the stat completely. For people who have acquired WORKING magic find gear TRUST me you are doing a much greater evil by takign away mf on gear completely. People who spent time, effort, and gold worked incredibly hard toget that mf and still be able to kill champion packs.

The people who gear swap, swap because the equipment had the MF values they are looking for, most equipment doesn't allow them to do the damage needed when they swap to mf gear. All your doing to those player is taking away that short cut.

Gear swapping regardless of the skill involved is still just a shortcut. Your playing an adventure RPG, progressing through the game and killing monsters should be the goal, quick swapping gear is like getting someone to cheat on a test for you at the last second before the test is over.

Other people may have other view points on this and I know gear swapping was in D2, and in this game since it is even MORE gear dependent than D2 I can see why people want a quick swap option implemented. However I don't think thats the point. Im pretty sure Bashiok as well as the other developers are more concerned with creating a natural gaming experience with their story.

Having to open up your inventory and swap gear just seems like a mechanic outside of what was initially intended in this specific game. It seems more like Blizzard wanted people taking greater care in piecing together their equipment. Of course in pretty much any game, especially one that is loot driven people are just going to find any means to exploit or get around something like that.

As Blizzard has said on a whole they dont have any major issue with gear swapping, but it seems to be bothering a fair amount of players and developers alike so I am hoping it will be a good change, something that will encourage people to take their time in setting up the proper gear to survive in Inferno.

Also all this negative crap about them not properly testing the game needs to stop. The gaming age is changing. Developers MORE AND MORE are using this style development, they create a nearly whole product and finish it through updates and patches, the game has a beginning, middle, and end. The finer game mechanics will NEVER be done before a game LIKE this one is released.

Plus games like this have always been frequent to change, D2 was in the beginning so why is everyone complaining about testing?

This forum is about what should be done with MF Swapping and I do think it is something that needs to be looked at.
Great im liking it but can u add a skill lock option for the the class so its easyer to kite with the demon hunter due to moving back i hit the skills sometimes and it sucks :( a little feature that alot of people would love
07/04/2012 09:38 AMPosted by Kiol

Umm... should'nt that have been done before the game was released?

Umm... should'nt that have been in place before the game was released?

Just let us know when Beta is over so we can check it out and "test" it for you guys.

You do realize those comments were in fact made before the game was released and during beta?

check the dates....

I do realize when it was made. My point being: Why release the game at all if they knew that the game was still unbalanced and lacked some kind of enticing "end game" content? Reality of it is... WE are still testing the game in beta form... after paying full price for what was supposed to be a fully developed product.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]