Diablo® III

Wizard Elemental Passives Discussion

Wanted to start a thread on these passives

Temporal Flux
Whenever you deal Arcane damage, enemies are slowed by 30% for 2 seconds.

Conflagration
Dealing fire damage to enemies applies a burning effect, increasing all damage done to them by 15% for 3 seconds.

Black Ice
Cold damage dealt to chilled and frozen targets is increased by 20%

Paralysis
Lightning damage dealt to enemies has up to a 5% chance to stun the target for 3 seconds.

Conflagration is arguably the best assuming party members benefit as well.

Black Ice is stronger but only effects yourself.

Temporal Flux and paralysis are the weaker 2, giving a slow and a small small chance to stun. I was thinking of them bringing back the critical effect and applying it to the passives of those two.

Paralysis
Lightning damage dealt to enemies has up to a 5% chance to stun the target for 3 seconds. Chance is doubled on critical hits.

Temporal Flux
Whenever you deal Arcane damage, enemies are slowed by 30% for 2 seconds. Critical hits slow for (45%??/60%??)

Would bring them more up to par IMO. Thoughts?

What passives you do you guys plan on using? And any one using 2 of these passives in a build?

Reply Quote
Temporal Flux is constant - it's great for any build with say torrent or orb with certain rune combinations, and even makes arcane hydra quite the crazy spell.

Paralysis is actually easier than you think to make proc, particularly if some of these pet spells work how they should. Lightning Hydra, Dartling, Storm Armor Shocking Aspect, Shock Pulse's Living Lightning, Magic Weapon's Electrify, etc.

I'd say particularly good in a lightning build, but seeing how single element builds aren't going to be very consistent I'm avoiding them myself.

Conflagration is hands down the best in groups, even as it is nerfed to 10% now.

Personally I'm using Conflag/Black Ice/Glass Cannon setup in Softcore. I plan on doing max dps there, aint scurred.

In HC I may use Galv Ward Conflag Glass Cannon.

Black Ice was the most difficult to keep up 100% but with the changes to Blizzard it'll be among the easiest. Spectral Blade + fire/cold damage will keep either up, particularly with thrown blade.
Reply Quote
My only concern with Conflag was the low number of actual fire spells, but should be on alot of builds regardless
Reply Quote
Spectral Blade Thrown Blade + Fire damage on your weapon.

Hydra and Mammoth Hydra would keep it up single target/aoe fairly well.

Meteor would work well, particularly meteor shower.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
03/21/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Vaaz

Temporal Flux is amazingly powerful. There are just so many spells it works with.

I for one plan on using it with Disintigrate. It's basically a perma-slow as long as you're doing arcane damage. Don't underestimate the value of being able to stay at range in harder difficulty levels.
Reply Quote
03/21/2012 09:25 PMPosted by Dekkar

Temporal Flux is amazingly powerful. There are just so many spells it works with.

I for one plan on using it with Disintigrate. It's basically a perma-slow as long as you're doing arcane damage. Don't underestimate the value of being able to stay at range in harder difficulty levels.

Yeah I think Temporal Flux and Conflagration are the two best passives. I intend to have a built with both.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]