Diablo® III

i really like the sleet storm of ray of frost

i just tried it in the beta and i must say i really like that rune effect of ray of frost it is definitely one i would see myself using in end game
Reply Quote
I don't know if I'd use it end game (Inferno). It will be different in Inferno because mobs will have attributes and be tougher. I doubt you will be able to just stand there casting Sleet Storm while hard hitting mobs with attributes like knockback etc pound on you.
Reply Quote
You do get defense bonuses due to the fact that Sleet MS/AS slows, but you still put yourself into melee range. When doing level appropriate runs in the beta with this spell, Ive found myself coming close to dying--and that is in normal mode.
Reply Quote
At least in Normal, I've found that using a shield (had 36% damage reduction) and popping Diamond Skin before running into a crowd is effective for the runed Ray of Frost.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
It's an awesome skill potentially and graphically, but it won't hold water on Inferno assuming it's even half as hard as D2 Hell was.
Reply Quote
That's true, but it's still fun to mess around with while it works. Not a lot of options in beta.
Reply Quote
http://youtu.be/q3NkFxpb4hI?t=51m45s

Combined with other defensive skills like diamond skin, frost nova and the like, it should be viable in inferno. Most certainly not a "I can do this all the time without ever being threatened" skill, but it'll be quite usable when used when you can take some hits, I would surmise.

Optimal skill for inferno? Probably not. Viable? Sure.
Reply Quote
86 Human Rogue
I made a short range build using sleet storm, frost nova, and diamond skin. For a sig, I picked up spectral blade. It was a pretty fun build, and I even managed to kill skeleton king essentially naked and using a crappy weapon.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]