Diablo® III

Imperius active in sanctuary between D2 & D3

Epilogue from Moon of the Spider by Richard A. Knaak

And from across the estate of House Nesardo, a figure who resembled a mercenary with many faces but was so much more watched the necromancer and the woman he had just left.
They had been tested and had risen to that test. The watcher nodded. A pair with potential. True, he had aided a bit by guiding the Rathmian’s wendigo to where the creature could be the most help to the duo, but it had been through their efforts most of all that the evil had been vanquished.
It would be interesting to see how they fared when next brought together.
With that thought, he spread his fiery wings and, unseen by all, took to the sky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA0nWI0jqkA

this video is cut from the diablo 15 years extended retrospective and it shows tyreal, Diablo and imperius. Imperius is showen to have more crimson/fiery wings that tyreal. This reference in Moon of the spider could only be to imperius (or possibly another angel, unlikely as that is) as I have never heard of a demon ‘taking to the sky’. As many of you will have read the Moon of the Spider you will know it takes place after the worldstones destruction meaning that imperius is active within sanctuary in the 20 year gap between D2 LOD and D3.

Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Certainly possible. Excellent Theory.

The other thing I might mention is that Malthael, the ArchAngel of Wisdom has been missing and we're not sure where he is. It's possible that he's secretly been active on Sanctuary, but I don't have any notable description of his wings (whether they're fiery like Imperius or smooth cyan like Tyrael's).
Reply Quote
Certainly possible. Excellent Theory.

The other thing I might mention is that Malthael, the ArchAngel of Wisdom has been missing and we're not sure where he is. It's possible that he's secretly been active on Sanctuary, but I don't have any notable description of his wings (whether they're fiery like Imperius or smooth cyan like Tyrael's).

very true. iv just had another thought it says in the book that the story takes place after the world stones destruction but it never said if it happens before D3. could have happened anytime after the worldstone went ka-boom. i hope they make the moon of the spider as an in game event like they had in D2
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]