Diablo® III

Update us on the current gem situation!

I have been hearing that the game guide section has been updated, and says that gems can only be socketed in less things now than before!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/rc1lf/disconcerting_gem_change_gems_no_longer_socket_in/

Blizzard please update us on how gems and sockets will work on release! One of my favourite bits of info about this game was when you guys said "Even the elitist players will probably never get the best gem in every socket, so there's always room for improvement". (roughly quoted).

God I hope that's still true... because all I keep seeing is the gem system changed and changed to the point where we might as well just pick which gem we want in our gear for free, like a rune, because there's no effort required in getting it.

For example, the amount of times you can combine gems (for example, three rank 11's making a rank 12) has been reduced, the different types have been reduced (sapphire and diamond removed, after skull was already not in the game to begin with), and now, if true, the amount of sockets we can have on a character has been reduced too...

So please, inform us on what the current situation is for release!
Reply Quote
^ That is exactly what I posted on the reddit I linked to, but apparently it is "old information" and there's a different part that claims less. Read the reddit link for info.

Hence why I'm asking for an update on the gem situation, to get confirmation as to how it will all work at release.
Edited by ScamperNZ on 3/25/2012 12:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizz will probably say something before release. Right now they are balancing the whole game.

Almost thought you were talking about chat gem. This one is undoubtedly working as intended. As always.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]