Diablo® III

Why are you picking Witch Doctor?

85 Goblin Death Knight
Post the reasons why you are playing a Witch Doctor over the other classes!
Reply Quote
Best AOE damage potential. Plus i like pets, i just hope they don't all get 1 shot'd by diablo.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I like the pets that you get and their abilities look and are awesome.
Edited by Gorathon on 3/28/2012 5:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have the same fear sean. I thought having all the skeletons were awesome in D2 until I got to diablo and found out how worthless I was in the group!
Reply Quote
I FREAK'N LOVE THIS CLASS!

The most unique of all 5!

I know a lot of people have a very different opinion. But I'm really not fazed.
I can see this class having great battlefield control and I totally agree with everyone else, AOE damage and pets are highly important.

I agree with Sean, every time Leoric swings at my Zombie Dogs he pretty much kills them and with a 3 minute cool down to respawn, it gets annoying.
But, that's what makes this class challenging - hence why its worth playing it.

This will be my first class for sure.
Is it May 15th yet?
Reply Quote
I love the WD so far. I think it will be hugely important in groups and an awesome MF for hardcore. As said above, battlefield control is massive on this hero and the "semi-tankiness" of the dogs taking initial aggro to allow you to control and aoe dps is epic. Overall, incredibly fun and solid.

Also, as I recall the dogs are on a 60 sec cooldown, maybe I just forgot, but I thought it was 60 secs now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Purly for flavor. The unique way he dispaches his enemeys.
Reply Quote
I FREAK'N LOVE THIS CLASS!

The most unique of all 5!

I know a lot of people have a very different opinion. But I'm really not fazed.
I can see this class having great battlefield control and I totally agree with everyone else, AOE damage and pets are highly important.

I agree with Sean, every time Leoric swings at my Zombie Dogs he pretty much kills them and with a 3 minute cool down to respawn, it gets annoying.
But, that's what makes this class challenging - hence why its worth playing it.

This will be my first class for sure.
Is it May 15th yet?

Your enthusiasm is awesome man! I can't agree any more than with what you said, I feel the exact same way.

I've done some theorycrafting with all 5 classes already, and found which I believe will have the most potential come endgame. But at the end of the day its not about whats best its about whats funnest.

So with that in mind, Witch Doctor was the obvious choice.

03/28/2012 07:06 PMPosted by D3BETA
Also, as I recall the dogs are on a 60 sec cooldown, maybe I just forgot, but I thought it was 60 secs now.

Thats correct, their cooldown is 1 minute not 3.
Edited by blitzkrieg on 3/28/2012 7:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Witch Doctors 4 LIFE!
Reply Quote
I've previously really enjoyed playing sorc (d1), necro/sorc (d2) and warlock/DK (wow) ... WD has some things in common with all of those.

It seems to me like there's a lot of room for playing WD different ways (nuker, summoner, dot/debuffer etc.) and I'm looking forward to getting so much variety out of one class, without having to re-roll.

Working out which combination of skills to use, and how best to use my mana looks to be a fun challenge.
Reply Quote
03/28/2012 07:07 PMPosted by Blnx
Purly for flavor. The unique way he dispaches his enemeys.

Voodoo is cool. Swarms of pests are cool. Pets are cool.
Reply Quote
31 Tauren Paladin
People mainly tend to like him for his summoning aspects.

Me? I'm gonna be him and play him mainly as a spirit caster. Mainly use those spirits and curses as a support role! The dogs are just a bonus. :3
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83rpgzqnDMg

This is why.
Reply Quote
I generally lean towards the dark caster, which lately also happens to be the pet class too. The WD isn't really a dark caster though, but I still like the class as is.
Reply Quote
88 Human Hunter
Because its the only class I feel like has a real sense of mystery about it. The other classes, you're shooting stuff at people with magic/arrows, or you're hitting people with swords/fists. The WD it's wait, did I just throw a jar of spiders on people? Is that a wall of zombies? I can summon a minion that turns people into chickens? Etc.

The WD easily sounds the most fun/unique/interesting to me. And generally in RPGs I am drawn to summoner type classes.
Reply Quote
As soon as I saw Wall of Zombies in the first D3 video, I was sold. I might not even use the spell, but just having that in my potential arsenal gives a huge coolness factor.

Also, I played a Warrior in WoW, and am tired of (1) being kited in PvP and (2) watching casters be better at solo PvM.
Reply Quote
Pets and good variety in the available spells. I can think of more viable builds for WDs that any of the other classes.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
im gonna play WD cause i want to throw moar jars o spiders!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]