Diablo® III

Why are you picking Witch Doctor?

.. Because the other classes are boring and unimaginative .. At least as far as I could play them in beta. Personally I'd rather have a melee/caster/pet hybrid, ala D2 druid.

Can only hope that something better comes along in the first xpac.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
I played a necro in D2 (Season 1 ladder 5th ranked USEast), and a raiding lock in wow with some server firsts.

I love the complexity of these classes and the challenge in mastering them.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
I'm stuck between WD and DH. I loved necromancers and bowzons in D2, which is why I have such an interest in these 2 classes. I like the idea of being a non-summoner witch doctor however(which is weird because I loved the summoner necros). Locust swarm was one of the big skills that attracted me to them. Thus far I like them both equally however I feel the witch doctor will have more skills later on that I'm looking forward to than the demon hunter. Will have both leveled quickly(maybe I'll level WD with friends and DH when nobody's on or vice versa).
Reply Quote
He appears to have a huge number of builds that are inherently mechanically different from each other yet are still amusing as hell.
Reply Quote
LOCUST SWARM!
Reply Quote
i like DoTs
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
04/02/2012 02:03 AMPosted by D3BETA
LOCUST SWARM!

AGREED! Best spell !
Reply Quote
I'll be choosing him because he seems like he has a crap ton of CC for PvP.
Reply Quote
i think witch doctor abilities look awesome, that iss why i will play one for sure
Reply Quote
Spiders, Voodoo Masks, and Zombie Dog Grenades. That's more than enough for me.
Reply Quote
03/28/2012 04:12 PMPosted by Sean
Best AOE damage potential. Plus i like pets, i just hope they don't all get 1 shot'd by diablo.

Diablo will sneez at our pets and will kill them... Hope they make them tougher
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Zombie dogs, zombie bears, spiders, locusts, murderous dagger-wielding fetishes, flaming bats, exploding skulls, toads of hugeness, angry chickens, and snakes to the FACE!

How can you not love this class?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Witch Doctor seems to be the D3 equivalent to Warlocks in WoW. That's my rationalization... FEAR MORE!
Reply Quote
Well pet classes are fun but for me, it's the idea of making a WD caster build not using any pets. I like the style of the class, it's dark and macabre... which is nice. Also, I'll most likely play the female... because I always wanted to play as a female Necro but no luck... So it will be fun. I like the masks a lot too. Generally speaking, Blizzard did an excellent job designing the Witch Doctor.
Reply Quote
I always loved the Necromancer in D2 for PvP and PvE. Rounding up huge masses of badguys to cast thorns and corpse explosion like a BEAST! I love the warlock from WoW for PvE and PvP as well. Witch doctor is a match made in heaven for me. I plan to !@!# and pillage in PvP/PvE in D3 once they "enable" it.

I have 3 awesome specs for WD already and each one kicks @$$. I cant wait.

And maybe if I play a black guy in a video game, my **** will get bigger IRL. The math adds up...seems only right.
Reply Quote
ugly old squated black dude with retarded accent, yeah i'll prefer that over uber cool necromancer. sure. Wd pets are boring and there is few them. apsolutely hate this class.
Edited by D3BETA on 4/5/2012 2:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/05/2012 02:37 AMPosted by D3BETA
ugly old squated black dude with retarded accent, yeah i'll prefer that over uber cool necromancer. sure. Wd pets are boring and there is few them. apsolutely hate this class.

someone is bitter...if they wanted to just re-release D2 it would not have taken how many years...see you at release.
Reply Quote
I doubt there will be a Diablo boss as he was already slained in the previous games ;)
Reply Quote
I have played all of the classes in Beta to a pretty significant extent. I plan on leveling:

Ranged > Melee > Ranged > Melee >Ranged. So it was a matter of "which ranged".

WD, after my playing, seems the most self sufficient (pets) for clearing content. I understand that (hopefully) in the late game and later difficulties, the dynamics change substantially. It still doesn't change the fact that Ranged > Melee, and Pets > no pets.

I also like the model, for both male and female, but especially male.

It annoys me that it goes over people's heads why the male WD has the shakes.

IMO it is implied cannibalism, which can impart on those who participate, neurological diseases the general population do not suffer from. WD is the darkest hero.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuru_(disease)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]