Diablo® III

Will inferno be possible alone?

Without any friends or teammates would you have any chance of surviving any part of inferno?
Reply Quote
Yes, Blizzard wants the game to be soloable.
Reply Quote
Yes.
Reply Quote
Yes.
Reply Quote
... I hope not...
Reply Quote
I think it will even be a bit easier if you are solo.

If you are 4 persons, the mobs get 4x stronger (well my guess at least).

And in that case, it's like tug-of-war. 4 persons will be as strong as 4 times one person, only if they very well work coordinated together.
Reply Quote
I

I think it will even be a bit easier if you are solo.

If you are 4 persons, the mobs get 4x stronger (well my guess at least).

And in that case, it's like tug-of-war. 4 persons will be as strong as 4 times one person, only if they very well work coordinated together.

4 people is going to be like a 2.5-3x increase most likely not 4x.
Reply Quote

This would be a more logical choice, yes. let's ask Bashiok how it is in reality. But i'll wait till the 2nd april befor i want his answer, it's already the 1rst now, here in France :p
Reply Quote

This would be a more logical choice, yes. let's ask Bashiok how it is in reality. But i'll wait till the 2nd april befor i want his answer, it's already the 1rst now, here in France :p

In beta it appears to be 50% per added player, just like D2.
Reply Quote
If it was straight up 4 people = 4x harder monsters It would be extremely difficult haha.

If they hit you, you are still taking 4x the damage, just because there are four others doesn't mean the hit to the face will hurt less (taking into account buffs and such.) I don't want bosses one shotting me when I have great gear. Would make for good laughs between friends.

I think 3x difficulty would be a great challenge, but not impossible, but hell, harder the better I want this inferno to be extremely tough.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
actually more players = better

the monsters will get stronger to counter adding a nother class but when you factor the skills that each class uses they will complement eachother and in the end overcompensate to make having 2x player better then 1x

like you have a wiz and a barb,
habilities that weaken monsters that the barb uses will also benefit the wizzard.

wizzard uses a spell that slows the monsters. wil also benefit the barb

thats how i look at it.

unless if you have 2x players it becomes 2.5x as strong monsters to overcompensate for what i just mentioned before
Reply Quote
god i hope so. i hate playing with people.
Reply Quote
Inferno will be possible solo. It very well may be 'easier', but it will also be slower.

Pretty much the benefit of co-op in D3 is faster killing, directly resulting in faster farming and more drops per time spent playing. However, if you want to go it alone, it will be a viable option.
Reply Quote
Yeah it will.

Diablo is a game that MUST be solo able.

I will personally play with friends, but there is a reason the game gets more difficult with every new play....as in to compensate for having another player.

So yes, expect this ENTIRE game to be solo-able.

Are there parts that will probably be harder to do by yourself? I would say so, but again expect all of D3 including Inferno to be accomplish-able by yourself.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Warlock
yes it will. it will probably be like hell mode in d2 with 2 players in the game
Reply Quote
03/31/2012 04:35 PMPosted by Koevii
god i hope so. i hate playing with people.

my thoughts exactly
Reply Quote
Only if you are super l33t, like me - rofl
Reply Quote
Sometimes I enjoy playing with random people, sometimes I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]