Diablo® III

Soul Harvest - Uhhhh what.

This top is new and exciting...

Seems like every other week this debate comes back to life. Lets find out what gear is like, then complain.
Reply Quote
View profile
lol @ "650%" damage and not +650% weapon damage. This spell scales much worse than most people here think, especially when you'll have ~1500-2000 INT at level 60. This spell gives roughly a 20% overall boost to damage with max stacks.
Reply Quote
04/10/2012 01:31 PMPosted by Vaaz
Seems like every other week this debate comes back to life. Lets find out what gear is like, then complain.

agreed
Reply Quote
View profile
y'all be dead anyway when I stick me bats on you!

1 on 1 pvp, or 2 on 1 its not that helpful. however WD vs WD as I wrote in another post I could see this totally giving an upper-hand. For instance you can cast it, absorb my pets most likely + my soul, then summon your pets and pwn me back.

If I use horrify, which is 100% defense/armor buff against all resists including physical with the rune I might pick, I'm not sure which is the better choice then.

100% defense bonus/armor or this.
Reply Quote
24 Draenei Shaman
03/27/2012 05:19 PMPosted by Bottle
This will lead them to make an ability seem overpowered in normal (as almost all abilities in d2 were in 1-player normal games)...but i doubt it will be that great in higher difficulties in later acts due to proximity to enemies. Besides, 30% isn't that big of a damage boost, and it uses one of your slots (which i believe is shared by the pets?) Gear will make a bigger difference than this skill will.

The actual damage boost percentage depends on your intelligence. The damage boost is
100*[650/(INT + 100)]%.

For Toz's example of 2000 intelligence, that turned out to be about 31%. However, 2000 Intelligence is way too high, it turns out. You start off with 10, and gain 3 per level, so your natural level 60 INT will only be 187.

I'm guessing that we will have a very hard time being able to push our intelligence above something like 400, so let's say 400 is a reasonable Inferno INT.

With 400 Intelligence, 5 enemy Soul Harvest will give us a 130% damage bonus! That's right, 130%. Our damage will be multiplied by a factor of 2.3 after using Soul Harvest, and that's for a pretty high estimation of Intelligence. If it's as low as 200 INT (our natural intelligence plus 13), that becomes a 217% bonus.

So yeah, the damage bonus won't be 30%, it will be waaaaaaaay higher.

Compare these numbers (130% from 400 intelligence, and 217% from 200 intelligence) to other damage bonus modifiers that take up a slot, like the Wizard's 10% from Magic Weapon, or the Monk's 12% from Mantra of Conviction. I do agree that it will be hard to get close to monsters in higher difficulties, but I still think Soul Harvest needs a massive nerf.

400 Intelligence in Inferno?

I have over 100 Intellect on my Wizard wearing basic crafted gear at level 13 not even halfway through Act 1 of Normal difficulty. 400 is much too cautious of an estimate.
Reply Quote
04/16/2012 06:17 PMPosted by Elentheus

The actual damage boost percentage depends on your intelligence. The damage boost is
100*[650/(INT + 100)]%.

For Toz's example of 2000 intelligence, that turned out to be about 31%. However, 2000 Intelligence is way too high, it turns out. You start off with 10, and gain 3 per level, so your natural level 60 INT will only be 187.

I'm guessing that we will have a very hard time being able to push our intelligence above something like 400, so let's say 400 is a reasonable Inferno INT.

With 400 Intelligence, 5 enemy Soul Harvest will give us a 130% damage bonus! That's right, 130%. Our damage will be multiplied by a factor of 2.3 after using Soul Harvest, and that's for a pretty high estimation of Intelligence. If it's as low as 200 INT (our natural intelligence plus 13), that becomes a 217% bonus.

So yeah, the damage bonus won't be 30%, it will be waaaaaaaay higher.

Compare these numbers (130% from 400 intelligence, and 217% from 200 intelligence) to other damage bonus modifiers that take up a slot, like the Wizard's 10% from Magic Weapon, or the Monk's 12% from Mantra of Conviction. I do agree that it will be hard to get close to monsters in higher difficulties, but I still think Soul Harvest needs a massive nerf.

400 Intelligence in Inferno?

I have over 100 Intellect on my Wizard wearing basic crafted gear at level 13 not even halfway through Act 1 of Normal difficulty. 400 is much too cautious of an estimate.

Further down you see we already had a discussion on this, read the whole thread
Reply Quote
24 Draenei Shaman

Further down you see we already had a discussion on this, read the whole thread

A discussion? You mean more like only one post (made by you). I was simply adding more evidence.
Reply Quote
SH in pvp is useless IMO.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]