Diablo® III

+ skills anyone?

85 Human Rogue
Is there any skill modifiers in Diablo 3? If so what would be an example?
Reply Quote
They will likely be something like

+5% weapon damage to plague of toads (witch doctor only)

Frost nova duration increased by 15% (wizard only)

But this is just a guess of course. This way they can keep the damage and mechanics of the skill the same, but make them better without overpowering things. I'm sure you'll be able to get more than one skill affix per item as well.

Once again though, all just speculation :)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Yeah, itemization details are cards they're holding as closely as plot details. And I don't blame them.
Reply Quote
There was a confirmation on this subject a couple weeks ago. Use the search feature to find.
Reply Quote
i wouldnt think so since you dont put skill points in skills anymore....
Reply Quote
There is data on skill affixes in the beta since patch 13 i think. How many affixes and what variants of them there will be in the final game is still not known.
Reply Quote
Before they changed the way runes work they all had ranks and a fairly easy to discern math formula for higher ranks. That said, I expect that the + skills will "level up" the runestone effects following their old formula's
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
See this is what I'm talking about. There is 3 people stating VERY different things... Could we get something like a blue post saying (HEY! we're working on items right now we will get back to when they are finished? Btw....yes there is +skill modifiers =D )
Reply Quote
03/24/2012 06:16 PMPosted by Kirenosa
See this is what I'm talking about. There is 3 people stating VERY different things... Could we get something like a blue post saying (HEY! we're working on items right now we will get back to when they are finished? Btw....yes there is +skill modifiers =D )

Confirmed.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/skill-item-modifiers-confirmed
http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/diablonut-database-updated-to-patch-13

A blue did comment on this weeks ago, I cannot recall if it was on here or Twitter though.

They are in the game. (see second link if you want examples of + skills modifiers)
Edited by D3BETA on 3/24/2012 6:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
So there really is + modifiers.. It increases say dmg done or +to missile split?...

Example- + magic missile 1-3
+3= 3 more missiles?
Reply Quote
So there really is + modifiers.. It increases say dmg done or +to missile split?...

Example- + magic missile 1-3
+3= 3 more missiles?

Not much "confirmed" yet, there is the idea that the assets from the old itemized Rune system have in part made their way into affix's, so, possible changes like you just described may be in the game, we don't know for sure yet.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Well I hope so I was really looking forward to seeing signature abilities being drastically altered by rune level increases.
Reply Quote
03/24/2012 04:25 PMPosted by Cogwheel
Yeah, itemization details are cards they're holding as closely as plot details. And I don't blame them.

well i would think that before the release they will put some or all on the site
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]