Diablo® III

What abolishing/limiting Gold does to rares:

I realized that with what we'll call "another game" bringing radical changes to the table, what happens to the populous in general is that people fear what they don't understand.

Like people think Ron Paul is nuts to abolish the IRS.

People fear change.

Please tell me why exactly would removing gold from Diablo 3 would be so terrible? In the other game it makes items like identification scrolls and portal scrolls -important- and -valuable-. What is wrong with that?

The only downside is it would affect the GMAH. OK. That's fine, so then what it shows is that scrolls could work if they were priced accordingly. So make gold rarer, and make scrolls expensive. What does that do?

TLDnR: It creates a market for unidentified items, which is an option completely overlooked in D3. This is a simple change that could be made to Diablo 3 and fix the awkward identification system and portal system as well.
Reply Quote
What exactly is awkward about the identification or town portal sytems now?
Reply Quote
Ron Paul is abolishing the IRS? Good, I !@#$ing hate taxes.
Reply Quote
Ron Paul 2012
Reply Quote
Ron Paul for President of the Republic of Texas.
Reply Quote
03/31/2012 03:51 PMPosted by D3BETA

They removed all scrolls so that identification is a has-been. You essentially are forced to do a one second ritual..

A meaningless gesture treating us like children: Wait 2 seconds kiddos while I show you whats already on the item but for a forced moment is clouded in mystery!

WOoooohh.

For at least me, familiar with the Diablo series since inception, it's incredibly silly.
Reply Quote
How would I buy items from vendors?
Reply Quote
why do you want to abolish gold?
Reply Quote
Why mess with a system thats just fine?
Reply Quote
03/31/2012 03:57 PMPosted by D3BETA

They removed all scrolls so that identification is a has-been. You essentially are forced to do a one second ritual..

A meaningless gesture treating us like children: Wait 2 seconds kiddos while I show you whats already on the item but for a forced moment is clouded in mystery!

WOoooohh.

For at least me, familiar with the Diablo series since inception, it's incredibly silly.

It was the same thing with the scrolls. Just involved more clicks to id something.
Reply Quote
03/31/2012 04:01 PMPosted by D3BETA

WOoooohh.

No offense but you sound like a child typing this.

And this thread seems to be more about ID scrolls than gold. Can't really tell because the OP's wording is weird

yea OP kinda goes off on a random tangent, and doesnt really make the topic clear. nor does he present any reasons for the change, or why not having it the way it is, is detrimental to gameplay
Reply Quote
What are you trying to say, exactly? Your OP is a little confusing.
Reply Quote
I think hoarding id scrolls or running back and forth to Cain is a meaningless gesture.
Reply Quote
83 Tauren Druid
I got into the beta for "the other game" nearly a year ago. I believe their skill AND stat systems are MUCH better than d3 (many people are saying the skill system is a grind), but the overall feel of d3 is much better once you're playing it and not whining about how your skills are autogained and feel too "mmo-ish"
Reply Quote
03/31/2012 04:05 PMPosted by Clarynaa
I got into the beta for "the other game" nearly a year ago. I believe their skill AND stat systems are MUCH better than d3 (many people are saying the skill system is a grind), but the overall feel of d3 is much better once you're playing it and not whining about how your skills are autogained and feel too "mmo-ish"

you should read this

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3811455085

not only is it pretty much the best thread ever made on these forums, but its very informative, AND it explains what happened to skill and stat point allocation
Reply Quote
Because it is a classic diablo system and there is no valid reason to change it.
Reply Quote
83 Tauren Druid
What "Other game" are we talking about?

Guild Wars 2?

Please just say the game name noobs, there is no rule against it. Some of you may be talking about different games.

Tghe one that had an open beta this weekend.
Reply Quote
I loathe the currency system in Path of Exile (for Dulu). Essentially 10 inventory slots are consumed with varying types of scrolls that you need to keep handy if you plan to buy stuff.

Further, in the case of scrolls of wisdom (identify in diablo terms) it makes it so that, esepecially early in a characters career, you must decide between finding out what a magical item is. I know that decision making might be fun for some, but I want to know what magical goodies I got.
Edited by D3BETA on 3/31/2012 4:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]