Diablo® III

PLEA for monk @BLIZZ

(Locked)

Agreed, a simple 'No, we're not doing squat! Now stop whining about it...love, Blizzard' would be infinitely better than waiting for something that's never going to happen.

The thing is, that would never happen. Why would Blizz come out and say on a thread where we're all "demanding" something. Bash is just gonna come here and be like "Hey guys... see you got 13 pages worth of people who want the same thing. Sorry though, not going to happen ever."

THAT'S not going to happen ever.

They are going to keep us in the dark because it's much better than telling us no we're not going to do it.
My monk was holding a weapon? I didn't even notice because I was too busy kicking !@# and taking names. Heck, he moved so fast I had trouble keeping up with him on the screen sometimes.

I eventually ended up with 2 magical fist weapons anyway (which looked awesome when I was striking a pose by the way). I'd imagine this is what most Monk's will end up with after a while anyway.
04/23/2012 07:23 AMPosted by NLC
Agreed, a simple 'No, we're not doing squat! Now stop whining about it...love, Blizzard' would be infinitely better than waiting for something that's never going to happen.

The thing is, that would never happen. Why would Blizz come out and say on a thread where we're all "demanding" something. Bash is just gonna come here and be like "Hey guys... see you got 13 pages worth of people who want the same thing. Sorry though, not going to happen ever."

THAT'S not going to happen ever.

They are going to keep us in the dark because it's much better than telling us no we're not going to do it.

14 pages, by the way, and I know...but what's the solution:

1. Keep posting until we have a 1000 page thread of infinitely repeated content?

2. Skip the monk completely?

3. Play another character and loot like a mofo until you have a stash full of fist weapons that can be handed down to a new Monk (because they are the least noticeable of the vanishing weapons)?

It's #3 for me at the moment, because I am (rather pessimistically) working on the assumption that nothing will be done. ...I hope I'm proved wrong.
Edited by Lucky#1974 on 4/23/2012 7:34 AM PDT
My monk was holding a weapon? I didn't even notice because I was too busy kicking !@# and taking names. Heck, he moved so fast I had trouble keeping up with him on the screen sometimes.

I eventually ended up with 2 magical fist weapons anyway (which looked awesome when I was striking a pose by the way). I'd imagine this is what most Monk's will end up with after a while anyway.

...and Daibos? Level 60 with a legendary weapon you character was designed to (but can't) use. Great!
Edited by Lucky#1974 on 4/23/2012 7:44 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
[ . . . ]and are forcing the game out way too soon [ . . . . ] pretty much just rushing it out [. . . . ]
Yeah right.
It's the details like these that I've come to expect from a well polished blizzard game. I guess that's why I find it so disappointing.

That said, it won't affect my Barbarian! See you at launch! =D
03/31/2012 07:26 PMPosted by Tracermissle
people here are stupid imo, how is it anymore of an issue when wizards going around with giant 2 handed axes and dont even us them, they are a caster class lugging around giant 2handers (their best weapons) no one complains about that

Good point, except for the small detail that the daibo was designed with the monk in mind.

Most people aren't complaining about animations for all weapons, just the ones the class was meant to use...
The farmer called, he wants his dead horse back
Why would he want it back if it's dead? Does he want to eat it? ...weird!
Lucky
Edited by Lucky#1974 on 4/23/12 7:44 AM (PDT)

...and Daibos? Level 60 with a legendary weapon you character was designed to (but can't) use. Great!

Yea, you have a bit of a point there. I still really don't notice it that much though. To me, when using skills, it's more like using magic anyway. For example, Deadly Reach looks more like he's projecting a spear of energy instead of a punch or strike with a weapon.

Maybe its just that I had such a blast using the Monk that I don't notice it as much. When I'm in the heat of battle, I certainly don't notice that he suddenly sheathed the weapon he was holding. I'm concentrating on which enemy is approaching me the fastest and if there's a ranged enemy I need to use Dashing Strike to get to, or if I'm about to get swarmed and need to use Blinding Flash. Basically, I'm looking more at the area around the hero than the hero himself. If after the battle my hero is suddenly standing like a boss amid the carnage with Daibo in hand, so be it.
Edited by MrIr8#1955 on 4/23/2012 8:52 AM PDT
This issue could be fixed by making the melee/ranged attack (the one skill with red background and weapon icon you start the game with) a resource generator with extra damage
(so it is equal too other spirit generators)

Should be a difference on the "skill" according to each class ofcourse.

This is a soloution if Blizzard gets REALLY lazy...
I never considered that, but it could actually work.

The monk uses any and all weapons, generating spirit and then has the option to go into a crazy skill-based combo.

It's a little unfair, since it'd result in the monk being the only character forced into using auto attack by necessity, but it'd be an improvement.

...that and skill animations for fist weapons and I'd leave the dead horse in peace.
85 Blood Elf Priest
I'm totally onboard with the idea that if you're not gonna take the time to create animations with the weapons in his hands, than the next best thing would be for him to never draw his weapons.

With the way a monk play, he literally never uses his weapon anyways, it's all unarmed spirit builders followed up by unarmed spirit spenders.
After playing the monk this past weekend, there was only one issue that I really had with the class:

Wave of Light, and the awful golden bell graphic, can't possibly be the polished spell... It looks so bad, blocks vision of the entire area - please change the Wave of Light graphic.

Anyone else hate this spell?
After playing the monk this past weekend, there was only one issue that I really had with the class:

Wave of Light, and the awful golden bell graphic, can't possibly be the polished spell... It looks so bad, blocks vision of the entire area - please change the Wave of Light graphic.

Anyone else hate this spell?

Not liking a spell is imo alot easier to avoid than constantly being reminded of the lack of animations, with every single hit you do with a spirit generator, you will notice it and be reminded about it.

That said, I enjoy the ability stats, but the bell is really weird and feels misplaced, but there is a few runes who know how they will look.
I'm totally onboard with the idea that if you're not gonna take the time to create animations with the weapons in his hands, than the next best thing would be for him to never draw his weapons.

With the way a monk play, he literally never uses his weapon anyways, it's all unarmed spirit builders followed up by unarmed spirit spenders.

In theory they did actually create animations, they just didn't take into consideration that no one would use the basic attack if it could be replaced with a skill-based spirit generator.

...an inexcusable oversight in my opinion.
people are boycotting a class because of aesthetics? something that doesn't affect gameplay in any way?

i agree that monk's weapon animations should be fixed. but its not a bug. it doesn't affect gameplay. this is something that blizzard will eventually address, but it certainly won't be a priority. it probably will be addressed within the first few major patches. after release.
100 Tauren Shaman
I think they should just take weapons away from monks and replace them with stat only objects like some sort of charm or something. IMO monks should be using only their fists/feet. It is kinda weird that they carry around weapons and don't use them.
people are boycotting a class because of aesthetics? something that doesn't affect gameplay in any way?

i agree that monk's weapon animations should be fixed. but its not a bug. it doesn't affect gameplay. this is something that blizzard will eventually address, but it certainly won't be a priority. it probably will be addressed within the first few major patches. after release.

Simple answer: yes, I just plan to play another class until the monk is good and finished...that's my solution anyway.
Diablo 3 is a decade in the making. !@#$.. just give my monk the autoattack graphic for every combo builder.

But seriously... the level of polish I expect to see in a blizzard game just isnt there... and considering that the game is releasing in 3 weeks, I doubt it will be come launch.

Balancing and coefficient-tweaking are the things I expect to result from an open beta. A complete overhaul of a classes animations? wow.

Who else hates that with tempest rush, even if you are wielding a staff, you will put that staff on your back, and then pull out a different staff to attack with?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]