Diablo® III

Skill Descriptions

Some of the skills aren't worded great, and I think each rune should rewrite the whole description of the skill.

Hex
Defensive
Cost: 30 Mana
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Summon a Fetish Shaman for 8 seconds that will hex enemies into chickens. Hexed enemies are unable to perform offensive actions and take 12% additional damage.

Hedge Magic
The Fetish Shaman will periodically heal friendly targets for 3559 Life.

As well as hex?

Angry Chicken
Transform into an angry chicken for up to 5 seconds that can explode for 215% weapon damage as Physical to all enemies within 12 yards.

The fetish shaman, or an enemy turns into a chicken? does he still hex?

Poison Dart
Primary
Cost: 24 Mana
Shoot a deadly poison dart that deals 100% weapon damage as Poison and an additional 80% weapon damage as Poison over 2 seconds.

Snake to the Face
Transform your dart into a snake that has a 35% chance to stun the target for 2 seconds.

Does this rune do any damage?

Theirs tons more but I wish each rune description was a full re-write of the skill to include exactly what happens.
Edited by Vaaz on 3/23/2012 3:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/23/2012 03:58 PMPosted by Vaaz
Some of the skills aren't worded great, and I think each rune should rewrite the whole description of the skill.

I do agree with this. Of course, things will all be clear once we try out the skills for ourselves, but the descriptions are there for a reason. May as well make them thorough.
Reply Quote
Hex was badly done.. since you cant target the one you really want to Hex.
Reply Quote
I always perceived it...

But you shouldn't have to perceive, and you shouldn't have to wait till 60. Any good game should have very well written skill descriptions that aren't having players question what it does.
Reply Quote
Yeah I find it confusing as well, I hope in the end the rune will change the skill description.
Reply Quote
Anyone who doesn't turn on advanced tooltips in game will be clueless as to what even the basic skills actually do at all, let alone when runed. Plenty of people will never even notice the option since not everyone roots around in options menus. For instance, the description for Grasp of the Dead says it slows and entangles enemies. It makes no mention of the fact that it DoTs too. I went through my first playthrough oblivious to how good this skill was and never used it, thinking it was just a situational slowing skill that seemed a bit not so good. They really need to enable advanced tooltips by default to remove alot of this ambiguity.
Reply Quote
03/24/2012 04:20 AMPosted by D3BETA
Anyone who doesn't turn on advanced tooltips in game will be clueless as to what even the basic skills actually do at all, let alone when runed. Plenty of people will never even notice the option since not everyone roots around in options menus. For instance, the description for Grasp of the Dead says it slows and entangles enemies. It makes no mention of the fact that it DoTs too. I went through my first playthrough oblivious to how good this skill was and never used it, thinking it was just a situational slowing skill that seemed a bit not so good. They really need to enable advanced tooltips by default to remove alot of this ambiguity.

I saw that in a you tube walk through, and was astonished they would have a tool tip that vague.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]