Diablo® III

Save Lillith's Husband?

I think there probably will be a quest to save Lilith's husband from the everlasting torture he has entered into in hell. I can't imagine this not happening because he is the father of man anyway. I know it will break the peace treaty but this isn't very fair to allow an angel to suffer for all of eternity. I can't remember his name though although I'm sure someone else remembers it.
Reply Quote
Inarius his name. But it doubtful Lilith would bother to attempt deliver her former love from his torture after he himself banished her twice into the Void. The first one was punishment after she slaughtered their fellow demon and angel renegades, and the second time was really left on bad terms on her part. More likely she take in sadistic pleasure from his suffering if Inarius still remained within his his mirror prions and she should ever return to Hell/Sanctuary.

Also the Angiris Council were the fellows who handed over Inarius to Hell in part of their truce agreement with Mephisto (representing Hell) as compensation for his losses.
"Him... let he whose crimes are already legion among you now be cast to me to pay for my loss–and the sealing of the truce, as it happens."
The Veiled Prophet, page 333
Reply Quote
I see your point, but I wasn't stating that Lilith would guide the heroes into saving Inarius. I thought maybe Tyrael would do that or maybe someone else who feels sorry for Inarius. I mean, he's got it rough in hell. If the treaty between hell and heaven is broken, which I think will happen in Diablo 3, I see no reason why not to rescue Inarius.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Inarius was a bad guy with both heaven, hell, the nephalem, Trag'Oul and all the regular humans in Sanctuary. Let the bastard burn.
Reply Quote
95 Human Mage
Well, the treaty has pretty thoroughly been broken by the Prime Evils and arguably even Tyrael. :-/

On a side note, here's a bit of history regarding Inarius's fate from the Diablo Manual:

"He bound Inarius with tremendous chains and slowly tore the wings from the back of the angel. Great barbed hooks were then used to stretch out the once glowing skin and his features were distorted by vile powers. Many of the followers of Inarius were given as gifts to Baal and Diablo, but the rest were molded to match the bloated image of the now crippled angel. To this day, Inarius is said to be trapped in Hell within a chamber of mirrors, his eyelids torn from his face as he is forced to gaze upon his misshapen form for all eternity. His misguided followers now serve as Hell's taskmasters, taking the anguish of their lost glory out upon the bodies of others."
Reply Quote
Oh god. That's horrible.....
Reply Quote
Saving him or not, I really do hope that we get to see him, or at least the hall of mirrors he's kept in during my time in D3. It would be awesome.
Reply Quote
Frankly, I'm all in favor of saving him, mainly due to the fact that it would quite certainly one up any place we have been so far.

We've been to hell. We've been to superhell. We've been to pandemonium.

Quite frankly, the final frontier is a place where even demons would fear to tread. I can imagine massive amounts of security (demons. Hah.), and as long as they treat it better and actually make hell a big place (as opposed to act III, which was basically run around a circle a couple of times), then it would probably be a level of darkness not seen since Diablo II was created.

We are talking about tortured angels here, not just Inarius. Think of every angel taken prisoner by hell, and that is what we're in for. And please, lets make it feel real. Not the hodge-podge "I release your spirit, Angel". I mean "I have no mouth and I must scream" levels of torment here.
Reply Quote
end his suffering, put a bullet in his forehead...
it has been A LOT OF YEARS, madness has end his angel's mind....
it does not matter if he was, he is no longer an angel...
Reply Quote
I really hope the next expansion is about a nephalem war. Maybe an Amazon setting with Lilith sending assassins and demons from the void. And have Assassins split between helping Lilith and humans.
Reply Quote
07/13/2014 10:08 PMPosted by Razahir
as opposed to act III, which was basically run around a circle a couple of times

It wasn't even Hell, so to speak. In the cutscene in Act 3 before we go destroy the sin's hearts, the character mentions that Azmodan brought Hell to Sanctuary. I think it's more a deformation of the land of Sanctuary, rather than being the real Burning Hells.
We do go into Hell in Act 4, but only two times and very briefly, to destroy the rifts.

Speaking of Pandemonium, was it just me or did the decayed angel's armors sighed faintly when we destroy them ?
Reply Quote
07/16/2014 01:22 AMPosted by illPixel
Maybe an Amazon setting with Lilith sending assassins and demons from the void.

In Adventure mode, Lorath mentioned that they don't have news of the Horadrims sent to visit the Amazons since they arrived at Skovos.
You may not be far from the next expansion story, or it was simply a hint that those horadrims were taking a good time with the local wildlife...
Reply Quote
there are a lot of thing to happens for now on.

-"Valor" shall turn to "Wrath"
-and all "Hope" will be swallowed by "Dispair"
-as "Fate" lies shattered forever"

i can say for sure that somes (or all) angels will go mad and change their birhnames.
and High Heaven's fall (or a part of it)

Tathamet (black eye's 7head dragon, like yu-gi-oh) will return (or a part of it)

3° a nephalen's war (i bet their religion will be corrupted)

4° Tyriel will have sons

5° lilith (and perhaps iranius, demonized) may show up

6° the "Eternal Conflict" may end, but, the new awakening nephalen will create a new war.

and others stuff that i need more information to be sure.
Reply Quote
07/26/2014 08:10 PMPosted by Sasfild
4° Tyriel will have sons

By all that is holy and unholy I hope we won't see this at all.
Reply Quote
07/26/2014 08:10 PMPosted by Sasfild
there are a lot of thing to happens for now on.

-"Valor" shall turn to "Wrath"
-and all "Hope" will be swallowed by "Dispair"
-as "Fate" lies shattered forever"

i can say for sure that somes (or all) angels will go mad and change their birhnames.
and High Heaven's fall (or a part of it)

Tathamet (black eye's 7head dragon, like yu-gi-oh) will return (or a part of it)

3° a nephalen's war (i bet their religion will be corrupted)

4° Tyriel will have sons

5° lilith (and perhaps iranius, demonized) may show up

6° the "Eternal Conflict" may end, but, the new awakening nephalen will create a new war.

and others stuff that i need more information to be sure.

If a new war is created the eternal conflict isn't over because the conflict is still raging.
Reply Quote
I think "Freeing" is the correct thing to do here.

And I doubt I need to explain what freeing him means.
Hint; It does not mean braking any chains.
Reply Quote
110 Human Death Knight
We kill him....
Reply Quote
isnt Inarius the progenator of the demons like hephasto the armorer which are called overlords? I remember reading lore saying that those demons were inarius' followers who were mutilated beyond recognition and now only lived to take out their wrath on everyone else
Reply Quote
I just had an interesting thought on this...Malthael's spirit was briefly tied to the black soulstone, Inarius is captured in Hell and Tyrael has been severly weakened since he's no longer a full fledged angel...

What if each of the three prime evils were somehow able to absorb each of the angelic spirits and somehow tap into the nephalem power, potentially becoming nephalem themselves?

To further complicate things...I believe Inarius is still tied to the worldstone...if he were to be absorbed into say Diablo, that could make killing Diablo...complicated.

Alternatively, Malthael could be absorbed by Diablo (again becoming nephalemish) and the only way that we can defeat him is to absorb Inarius (thereby, tapping into the worldstone).

Just some thoughts.
Reply Quote
09/05/2014 10:40 AMPosted by Sam
I just had an interesting thought on this...Malthael's spirit was briefly tied to the black soulstone, Inarius is captured in Hell and Tyrael has been severly weakened since he's no longer a full fledged angel...

What if each of the three prime evils were somehow able to absorb each of the angelic spirits and somehow tap into the nephalem power, potentially becoming nephalem themselves?

To further complicate things...I believe Inarius is still tied to the worldstone...if he were to be absorbed into say Diablo, that could make killing Diablo...complicated.

Alternatively, Malthael could be absorbed by Diablo (again becoming nephalemish) and the only way that we can defeat him is to absorb Inarius (thereby, tapping into the worldstone).

Just some thoughts.

The angelic spirits would be inside diablo then since the 3 evils are still within Diablo.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]