Diablo® III

All of a sudden...

For those you know of the Demon hunter builds. Spike trap was (before) a hatred generator giving 4 hatred per trap. Being an insainly valueable skill.

Now it costs 30? wtf? this has serriously given me doubts on even having DH as my first build. Which I wanted sence I knew of D3.

It was such a hatred proudcer that you could acutally use rapid fire enough, and just throw some traps, and continue using rapid fire. Now you need to use 2 skill slots for slow !@# primary generators making rapid fire almost not tactical because youd be better off with an AOE skill because it takes so long to gain hatred back.

Just currious on thoughts of fellow Demon hunter fans. I personaly think its a horible decision.
Reply Quote
Didnt plan on using the trap spell at all. as for rapid fire, it seems hatred generates just fine with other other skills that it is still a great move.
Reply Quote
Can't really say until I test it out. We all know things are going to be (heavily) rebalanced after launch.
Reply Quote
Haven't noticed a problem. I get most of my hatred from my left click. =/
Reply Quote
I guess what Im saying is I saw it useful as a generator. but now that its turned to a hatred coster I dont see it being useful whatsoever because there are FAR better skills hatred should be spent on.
Reply Quote
Oh boohoo, they stopped something that, by what you claim, let you just rapidfire 24/7 with little-to-no downtime. They might as well not put a cost on rapidfire either?

Skills that COST resources should do exactly that. There could possibly be builds or situations that allow you to use the skill much longer (like a Barbarian using Whirlwind, with every +rage passive, and a rune on whirlwind to make it last longer), but not a situation where, quite simply, whirlwind just lasts forever by default.

Here is how you could potentially do it. Note that you get 3 hatred per grenade, runed to 6 per grenade, and passive'd to 8 hatred for every grenade.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#Uc..f!bg!aa
Edited by ScamperNZ on 3/24/2012 10:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Sweet no what cares that you hate DH
Reply Quote
03/24/2012 10:12 PMPosted by CrzyIrishMan
I guess what Im saying is I saw it useful as a generator. but now that its turned to a hatred coster I dont see it being useful whatsoever because there are FAR better skills hatred should be spent on.

That all depends on your build and how you play I guess.
Reply Quote
And also on top of that.... Does that mean if I can have 6 traps out at once... does that mean that each one cost 30? or is it 6 traps for 30?
Reply Quote
It's more balanced now, hopefully, so I'm fine with it. I'm reserving all judgement for any of this until launch. Monk has had some pretty major changes lately, but the game isn't even out yet and we are really raging over balance changes?

Come on now! Cheer up.
Reply Quote
It's more balanced now, hopefully, so I'm fine with it. I'm reserving all judgement for any of this until launch. Monk has had some pretty major changes lately, but the game isn't even out yet and we are really raging over balance changes?

Come on now! Cheer up.
\Your right. I know nothing means anything until level 60. Plenty of time for experimentation. Could find a weapon that changes my whole build. I know all this.

But damnit I had a nasty build set up and spike traps were a huge part of it. Now I need to go back to the drawing board. It caught me off guard I supose.
Reply Quote
03/24/2012 10:00 PMPosted by CrzyIrishMan
Which I wanted sence I knew of D3.

Since* also really? You didn't know about D3 until the final class was announced?

Were you living under a rock of some sort?
Reply Quote
That's why i didn't bother to play with skill calculator...
Reply Quote
Id still like to know if its 30 hatred per trap or 30 hatred for all 3 of the traps (6 with rune)
Reply Quote
The old animation from B-roll blizzcon footage was SO COOl. whirling buzz-saws. Now we get a black circle on the ground with a bola shot explosion noise. ok.
Reply Quote
03/24/2012 10:44 PMPosted by D3BETA
The old animation from B-roll blizzcon footage was SO COOl. whirling buzz-saws. Now we get a black circle on the ground with a bola shot explosion noise. ok.

Its weak!! I know but still... Ive been thinking about it for a minuet... and I can not understand reasoning behind it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]