Diablo® III

Selling CE DYES!

03/26/2012 06:38 PMPosted by Miguel

Bash stated that once an traded item is dropped or traded there won't be any more dye on it.

I am only going based off the posted information. It would be very nice if they had a Q-A for stuff like this, instead of people trying to search and piece together information from twitter/threads/fansites.

Either way i am getting my Ce's not for the dyes, but because i am a blizzard fan. Could care less if the Dyes were removed.

Well if people would actually do searches on the site before they made posts then this kind of thing wouldn't happen.
Reply Quote
I am only going based off the posted information. It would be very nice if they had a Q-A for stuff like this, instead of people trying to search and piece together information from twitter/threads/fansites.

Either way i am getting my Ce's not for the dyes, but because i am a blizzard fan. Could care less if the Dyes were removed.

Well if people would actually do searches on the site before they made posts then this kind of thing wouldn't happen.

See, I'm not finding anything about it in the search function. But.. if you go to www.diablofans.com you can see Blizzard responses to their questions, and one of the answers is that items do NOT lose their dyes when dropped or traded through a trade window. They DO lose their dyes if you put them on the auction house.

So, yes. The unique CE dyes can be applied to things, then the dyed item can be traded/dropped, and retain the colors. It isn't exactly a safe practice, but it can be done.

Q. Will dyes be shown on gear on the AH? (For example: "This gear is dyed 'Off-White.' ") This is semi-important because of Collector’s Edition dyes. Players anticipate that since this dye will be rare, it will carry more value within the community.

No, dyes are removed from items when you put them on the AH.

Q. As a follow up to that, can items dyed with Collector’s Edition dyes be placed on both auction houses?

Absolutely, but the dye color is removed. Dyes are not removed if an item is dropped/traded, though.
Edited by D3BETA on 3/26/2012 7:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Human Mage
03/26/2012 05:25 PMPosted by LitanyofHate
According to Bashiok the CE Dyes can not be Traded, Auctioned or even Dropped.
Do you remember the source? I am pretty sure that's the smart way of going about it but they didn't mention that in the interview which I thought kind of odd.
Found it, finally.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3558806470?page=9#163
Reply Quote
I just bought the full game client, can i please have access to beta?
Reply Quote
04/05/2012 09:20 AMPosted by Lõri
Do you remember the source? I am pretty sure that's the smart way of going about it but they didn't mention that in the interview which I thought kind of odd.
Found it, finally.

That is in reference to the Dye items themselves. Not if you dye a chestpiece what happens when you drop it on the ground. By the Q&A on diablo fans, it would seem if you drop the chestpeice on the ground, it retains the dyes that were applied to it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]