Diablo® III

Is *Anyone* Happy About Runes on Rails?

...and what exactly does Zeal let you do better than a Hammer again? We need the specifics, you kinda trailed off on a tangent there.
I wanted it spelled out so maybe you guys would realize what you are saying. Those skill trees did not give you all these grand options to create this super unique builds. No where did Bash say all paladins were the same.This is mostly just coming back to this beaten horse argument at this point.
so basically Diablo 2 was better because you could only choose one skill instead of 6?

Edit: i'm sorry, in diablo 2 you could also choose a different rune for your aura and use the same vastly customizeable holy shield buff as everyone else.
Edited by Winston on 3/31/2012 3:29 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Priest
To me, leveling up through Nightmare+ would be so much nicer if I could do it as the build I want, rather than the build I'm shackled to due to stuff not being unlocked yet.

But ... how do you know what build you are even going to go with when the game has not even been released yet?

You may have done some research on a build that you think is going to be what you use, but you may find it all goes out the window once you start playing around with the skill/rune combos in-game and settle on something else that proves to be more effective than what you had pre-conceived.
View profile
Builds were unique for sure. But for hammerdin it's 2 skills hammer and shield, and maybe teleport. For Zealadin, zeal and shield.

Those builds might be unique but they are boring as !@#$ using one ability over and over....
View profile
03/31/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Tjfhfgdfxhgk
here an optimal build will be found, and everybody will be able to use it whenever they want

Right. Cause you plan on playing an all frost wizard? Just because you can change doesn't mean you'll like the spells and change to them.

Even if whirlwind is mathematically better, if I don't like the spell why would I use it?

What about the people who want to play certain builds. Like all poison Witch Doctor?

Yeah you have access to the same skills but you won't be the same build. And there isn't one be all end all build, just like D2.
03/31/2012 05:00 PMPosted by Mith

Right. Cause you plan on playing an all frost wizard? Just because you can change doesn't mean you'll like the spells and change to them.

Even if whirlwind is mathematically better, if I don't like the spell why would I use it?

What about the people who want to play certain builds. Like all poison Witch Doctor?

Yeah you have access to the same skills but you won't be the same build. And there isn't one be all end all build, just like D2.

If Inferno !%*@s your face, you'll switch to what is better.

As apposed to having the "wrong" build and having to start all over again to find a better build? That's not better game mechanics. Some of us are grown up now and don't have the time to waste more time for the sake of being awesome about all the work you put into a game...how did we start talking about this again? I thought this topic was about runes and the new scaling difficulty of inferno?

They we're unique, the only thing they shared was a skill tree and the name paladin.

Go away troll.

/facethroughdesk

This was about the comment someone made claiming Bash said all paladins where the same, I have no idea what you are trying to argue right now. You need to keep up with the discussion, not just spit out your stump speech about how Diablo 2 did things better when someone defends a blue post.
It's Diablo 3, supposed to be evil >:D
View profile
03/31/2012 05:00 PMPosted by Mith

If Inferno !%*@s your face, you'll switch to what is better.

What if there's 2 builds per hero that are equally effective in inferno? Or rather what if just switching 1 of 6 skills didn't immediately gimp you, but just changed playstile a bit?

Or changing 1 rune.
Or changing 2 skills and 2 runes. Different builds but not gimped.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]