Diablo® III

Just Completed Beta

90 Goblin Mage
Super solid game...wouldn't change anything.

Great job Bliz.

EDIT: And Skeleton King fight was fun as hell, hated to see the beta ended that early, but thanks for the invite and keep up the great work.
Edited by Spells on 3/31/2012 7:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
try the beta feed back part of the forums ;)
Reply Quote
Glad to hear positive experiences from the beta for a change.
Reply Quote
03/31/2012 07:40 PMPosted by Coca
Reply Quote
I agree - it really has that "Blizz Diablo feel" now, and I am loving it. Still the music needs helps, like in a big bad way but besides that epic fail, the game itself is amazing.

Just to clarify on the music - it is not about the music being bad, just being non-existent in the playing experience. A MASSIVE part of the D2 experience was the music during play, this far into beta, the music has failed to be part of the game.
Edited by D3BETA on 3/31/2012 7:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/31/2012 07:47 PMPosted by D3BETA

That. I love to hear people !@#$%, but your post was music to my ears.
Reply Quote
agree - it really has that "Blizz Diablo feel" now, and I am loving it. Still the music needs helps, like in a big bad way but besides that epic fail, the game itself is amazing.

Just to clarify on the music - it is not about the music being bad, just being non-existent in the playing experience. A MASSIVE part of the D2 experience was the music during play, this far into beta, the music has failed to be part of the game.

To clarify further, do you mean that the music just doesn't play much, or that it doesn't reflect the content?

I'm curious because I haven't really heard that complaint before, so it intrigues me (especially as I love music and have a degree in performance).
Reply Quote
82 Worgen Warlock
Super solid game...wouldn't change anything.

Great job Bliz.

EDIT: And Skeleton King fight was fun as hell, hated to see the beta ended that early, but thanks for the invite and keep up the great work.

thats nice and all but what you should of said was

"super sold game....wouldnt change anything.... oh btw here is my email, send me a mail and i'll give you MY info so YOU TOO can enjoy the beta
Reply Quote
agree - it really has that "Blizz Diablo feel" now, and I am loving it. Still the music needs helps, like in a big bad way but besides that epic fail, the game itself is amazing.

To clarify further, do you mean that the music just doesn't play much, or that it doesn't reflect the content?

I'm curious because I haven't really heard that complaint before, so it intrigues me (especially as I love music and have a degree in performance).

When I play the beta I noticed that the music did not play very much, if at all really. The music was quite good in fact, but you never heard it! I do not know if this is deliberate, because Blizzard wants you to listen more to the ambient noises than the music to get more immersed in the world?
Reply Quote
03/31/2012 08:49 PMPosted by Crooze
When I play the beta I noticed that the music did not play very much, if at all really. The music was quite good in fact, but you never heard it! I do not know if this is deliberate, because Blizzard wants you to listen more to the ambient noises than the music to get more immersed in the world?

Oh that's a disappointment!

I hope it's because they didn't have the soundtracks fully mastered at that point -- in movies, for instance, the soundtrack is one of the last things to be completed for the film.

It may also be a case of emotional intensifier -- the more climactic the situation, the more music.

Or so I hope. Ambient noises are great, but they're no music!
Reply Quote
Yeah I wouldn't worry too much about frequency of music playing in the beta, I'm confident that's not been their main focus for the beta test.

I agree that the beta feel great, it may seem like there is a lot of haters but it's really just the vocal minority.
Reply Quote
I tend to lower the volume of music in games...keeping SFX and Voice or whatever other options are available - at their normal values. When it comes to immersion - you're not walking around with headphones in listening to music, you're focused on ambient noises. Even tho its not an FPS, doesn't matter to me at least.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]