Diablo® III

Recent Account Changes: What's This?

When I click the drop-down menu to choose a character to post on the forums with, I see a Battle.net icon and and below it, "D3BETA".

Issue is, I'm still not allowed to post in the beta forums, and I don't see an option to download the beta in my account's beta clients. I figured that I had been invited in, seeing as how I could use my gamer ID and the Diablo 3 avatar, something I never could do before. Pretty confused.. so if someone could help me out that'd be appreciated.
Edited by Daimao#1547 on 9/19/2014 1:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
D3BETA is just the only Diablo 3 icon available at the moment. It doesn't mean you have access to the beta. All it means is that you've preordered the game and you can now post using your Diablo 3 icon.
Reply Quote
Wow. Way to tease people Blizz. I'm going to guess this is something that was just recently added, seeing how I never saw this there until today.
Reply Quote
It's just Blizzard being kind enough to us people who pre-purchased the game to be able to post on these forums and join the discussions in the case we don't have a SC2 or WoW account active.

No tease there.
Reply Quote
Eh. Always have been able to post on these forums, just not in the ones reserved for Beta Testers. The option in the scroll-down was never there until today; it allows me to choose my gamer ID, and it lists "D3BETA" underneath it, reading something like this; "D3 BETA DIABLO3 BETA AMERICAS". What was the point of that?

And if "D3BETA" is supposed to be some name used for the Diablo avatar, why is it linked to every Beta Tester's post - clicking "View My Posts" leads directly to other people's posts. I'm guessing this is some kind of issue they need to correct, because it's not a non-issue, it's a bit confusing.
Reply Quote
Eh. Always have been able to post on these forums, just not in the ones reserved for Beta Testers. The option in the scroll-down was never there until today; it allows me to choose my gamer ID, and it lists "D3BETA" underneath it, reading something like this; "D3 BETA DIABLO3 BETA AMERICAS". What was the point of that?

And if "D3BETA" is supposed to be some name used for the Diablo avatar, why is it linked to every Beta Tester's post - clicking "View My Posts" leads directly to other people's posts. I'm guessing this is some kind of issue they need to correct, because it's not a non-issue, it's a bit confusing.

If you don't own SC2, or an active WoW account you cannot post here.
Reply Quote

If you don't own SC2, or an active WoW account you cannot post here.

Most people who use the forums these days, have an active WoW sub or own a Blizzard game, anyway. Not exactly what I'm asking about ..I'm just seeing some changes and few things don't seem so clean-cut, so I had to ask. I feel like a total Blizzard site & forum amateur.
Reply Quote
03/31/2012 10:13 PMPosted by D3BETA
Most people who use the forums these days, have an active WoW sub or own a Blizzard game, anyway.

Of course they do, if not they wouldnt be allowed to post here thats what people have try to tell you.

And if "D3BETA" is supposed to be some name used for the Diablo avatar, why is it linked to every Beta Tester's post
I'm guessing this is some kind of issue they need to correct

Yea but it probably won't happen before the lauch of the game since a it's a long time known issue, just my guess.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]