Diablo® III

Fallen Stars?

so the opening shows not 1 but 4 falling stars, which can be equal to the 4 acts. It might be that its not demon or angel but the 4 horsemen.
Reply Quote
Jim Beam / Jack Daniels / Johnny Walker / Jameson ?

Im not sure how this relates to Diablo but i like the idea lol
Edited by D3BETA on 4/2/2012 12:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
They did use the word "harbinger" in the lore which is closely tied to the four horsement in mythology, regarding the fallen star... but the curious question is, if it is not the demons or angels, who are these harbingers? The only other entities we know of that are supernatural would be Trang'Oul and others like him. He is a watcher, but others might not be. Then again, why would a harbinger ressurrect demons? If they are the four horsemen or the sanctuary equivalent, wouldn't they focus on destruction only?

I kinda doubt this. I am still on the Tyrael and/or Imperius boat.
Edited by D3BETA on 4/2/2012 10:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/02/2012 09:30 AMPosted by D3BETA
Jim Beam / Jack Daniels / Johnny Walker / Jameson ?

how about Jenna Jameson =O
Reply Quote
well the 4 horsemen can be interprited in many differnt ways.

"The Christian apocalyptic vision is that the four horsemen are to set a divine apocalypse upon the world as harbingers of the Last Judgment." taken from Wikipedia

They can also be seen as the defenders of Balance (yes BALANCE) some pop cultures see them as non benevelant but more nutral sent to balance the world. Trang'Oul is the protector of Sanctuary and keeps the world in Balance. He or She could of sent them to maintain that balance as the world stone is now gone and Hell is about to invade Sanctuary. Now with the Star hitting Tristram and King Leoric says "The fallen star has revivded me" and how the beta has played out thus far, it can be presomed to be Death the 4th horsmen. who not only take life but can also bring the dead back, which well we fight a lot of undead in the first 1/3rd of act one as seen in beta, it can also be relized how The Butcher is back in the game being brought back by Death. Now if wondering if nutral why bring back the dead, well if i was falling 500+ mph impacting a surface, think most beings would lose control of thier abilities for a moment or maybe he is just conconsious from the fall.

thoughts?
Edited by Exx on 4/2/2012 2:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Human Mage
Well, there's no real allegory to the Four Horsemen in the Diablo 3 mythos.

I'm sticking with Tyrael as the Fallen Star.

For those wondering about Trag'Oul, I think there might indeed be an appearance of him in game at some point due to the following line from the Prophecy:
And, at the End of Days, Wisdom shall be lost
As Justice falls upon the world of men.
Valor shall turn to Wrath -
and all Hope will be swallowed by Despair.
Death, at last, shall spread its wings over all
as Fate lies shattered forever.

Since the dragon Trag'Oul is highly connected to the Necromancers of Sanctuary, I suspect the underlined line in the prophecy above may refer to Trag'Oul making a reappearance in Sanctuary in a desperate attempt to restore balance. At least it's just my theory.
Edited by Lõri on 4/4/2012 12:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
so the opening shows not 1 but 4 falling stars, which can be equal to the 4 acts. It might be that its not demon or angel but the 4 horsemen.

We can't be 100% sure if it's just 4 falling stars though. We saw 4 stars, but there potentially could've been more than that.
They changed the shot from the one showing the "falling stars" to the one with Deckard Cain getting up and fleeing, so we don't know.

I'm sticking with Löri and a big portion of the community:
04/04/2012 12:30 PMPosted by Lõri
I'm sticking with Tyrael as the Fallen Star.

Just look at the Index-Page of the old D3 website: It's Tyrael in the cathedral. That's evidence enough for me! :)
http://us.blizzard.com/diablo3/index.xml

Also:
04/04/2012 12:30 PMPosted by Lõri
Well, there's no real allegory to the Four Horsemen in the Diablo 3 mythos.

So as you mentioned, there were more than just one stars falling down. This leads to me thinking there are more angels falling down.
There's a new Demon Hunter Spotlight video over at IGN's youtube channel. Some people noticed the following: http://media.diablofans.com/images/news/2012/april/ss/big.jpg

There's a quest called "The imprisoned Angel". If we'll meet Tyrael in the cathedral, then who will this angel be?
The quest has just an awesome name, it can't be a "normal" angel. I guess it's an angel from the Angiris Council. Perhaps Imperius?
Edited by D3BETA on 4/4/2012 2:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I dont know much about the Diablo lore other than the wiki and what I sporadically read here. What I was thinking was the four horsemen or four angels Tyrael being one of them and three others who are new to the lore?

to protect areas which they see demonic forces rising?
Edited by Gonder on 4/4/2012 3:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Human Mage
There's a quest called "The imprisoned Angel". If we'll meet Tyrael in the cathedral, then who will this angel be?
The quest has just an awesome name, it can't be a "normal" angel. I guess it's an angel from the Angiris Council. Perhaps Imperius?
The Book of Cain mentions that Maltheal the Archangel of Wisdom has gone missing. There's not much info here, but one could posit the theory that Maltheal could be imprisoned somewhere.

Either that or the quest's title is referencing the legends of either Inarius' or Izual's imprisonments.
Edited by Lõri on 4/5/2012 1:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Book of Cain through Deckard Cain's letter, Abd al-Hair's Unburied entry, and Blizzard always referred to the meteor has a singular entity not as multiple entities. No such sideline plots of any potential powers/treats indicated to those meteorites been mention.

The notion of the Four Horsemen integrating into Diablo lore could present interesting depth into the unseen workings of Heaven. Or if I dare, the Nephalem, representing twisted/uplifting aspects of the Horsemen who serve Mankind instead: Rathma/Kalan (Death), Bul-Kathos (War), Esu (Conquest), and Vasily (Famine).
Reply Quote
snip
Or if I dare, the Nephalem, representing twisted/uplifting aspects of the Horsemen who serve Mankind instead: Rathma/Kalan (Death), Bul-Kathos (War), Esu (Conquest), and Vasily (Famine).

Now, that sounds like an epic expansion worthy of Diablo. Perhaps they would become new prime evils or undead entities or independent demons personifying those nephalem as a mocking manner and apocalyptic threats? Personally, I just wish we could see Rathma, Bul-Kathos, Esu, Vasily and Uldyssian in their full glory inside the video game. And then kill them.
Edited by NeckRomancin#1308 on 4/19/2012 1:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The problem with the Four Horsemen concept is that Blizzard is taking great lengths to distance themselves and the game from Christianity. They've removed pentagrams, crosses, and are making great efforts to shed light on and define the world of Diablo as it's on fantasy epic, rather than leave it as a subtle, mysterious, gothic horror game with heavy Satanic/Christian influences.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]