Diablo® III

ninjalooting?

Has ninjalooting been fixed or will d3 be like d2? I remember when a boss would die with 8 people in the game i would be clicking on those gold items as fast as i could! and sometimes not be fast enough when a rare legendary would drop.

I couldn't find an answer to my question on the site, just wondering if anyone that has played the beta has experienced if there is a new item dropping mechanic?

Thanks! So excited for 5/15!
Reply Quote
Yes, there is a new individual drop system, other players wont see your drop and vica versa.
Reply Quote
04/02/2012 07:07 AMPosted by D3BETA
Yes, there is a new individual drop system, other players wont see your drop and vica versa.

Correct, though if you pick an item up and then drop it on the ground again, other players can then see it and pick it up. That can be a quick way to either give things away, or trade with people you trust. (There is still secure trading via players' icons as well.)
Reply Quote
04/02/2012 07:07 AMPosted by D3BETA

After a certain amount of time, will your drops show up on other peoples' screens if you don't touch them?
Edited by ABIackMan on 4/2/2012 5:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/02/2012 05:30 PMPosted by ABIackMan

After a certain amount of time, will your drops show up on other peoples' screens if you don't touch them?

Nope.
Reply Quote
Yay, finally!! Though I must say that a certain part of me will miss that heart racing rush to get the item first in a run like that!
Reply Quote
that crazy rush will be missed... ... ... maybe they can make that a toggle from the main screen when creating & joining your game, SINGLE PUBLIC LOOT for those who still want that rush

that would be !@#$ing sweet, i'd be down... mosta the ppl would share the drops too back in my day, considering i had tonsa %^-* to trade with and ran with my crew alot.... tonsa ninjas too though...

many a gheed's & torch have been lost to ninjas
what was that awesome small charm again?
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
04/12/2012 03:29 PMPosted by aegirson
Yay, finally!! Though I must say that a certain part of me will miss that heart racing rush to get the item first in a run like that!

I disagree. It was a horrible system that gave the advantage to people using bots or with better ping to pick everything up. Glad it's gone.
Reply Quote
70 Draenei Paladin
Will that go for stuff out of barrels and objects in game? Does gold only show up for you?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
04/14/2012 06:43 AMPosted by Frostormus
Will that go for stuff out of barrels and objects in game? Does gold only show up for you?

The game drops specific loot for you which includes all items and gold. I personally enjoy this much more because you no longer need to rely on the fast mouse click to get an item.
Reply Quote
All loot including gold, potions and gear is counted towards personal loot, in other words other players in your game cannot see nor loot items you see. This can be both good and bad, generally I will play with friends so it doesn't affect me at all.

Lets say you play a Barb and your friend a Wizard, your Wizard friend loot a nice weapon that is specific for Barbarian, he give you the item. For public games, well, that is another story. In that specific case where playing public games which i probably never will, you have to trust there is kind people who may pass or sell you the item for a smaller fee.

This personal loot cannot be shut off as far i know and one more negative side is if you don't like looting stuff(which would be very odd since Diablo is all about loot more or less), then you're pretty much fudged.

You have to pick up stuff you want since no one else than you can see the items. However if you loot an item first and drop it at the ground, all other players in your game should be able to see it. Hope this answer was to your satisfaction.
Reply Quote
I found out that if your inventory was full, you could click an item and then exit and when you opened a new game the item was still attached to your clicker, pointer whatever you want to call it, so I could score one extra weapon, which was great
Reply Quote
haha wow i didnt know this, i still have been rushing to click on anything in sight when things die. I thought i was just getting lucky :P
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Damm I've been leaving some items sit for other players trying not to be greedy
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
All loot including gold, potions and gear is counted towards personal loot, in other words other players in your game cannot see nor loot items you see. This can be both good and bad, generally I will play with friends so it doesn't affect me at all.

Lets say you play a Barb and your friend a Wizard, your Wizard friend loot a nice weapon that is specific for Barbarian, he give you the item. For public games, well, that is another story. In that specific case where playing public games which i probably never will, you have to trust there is kind people who may pass or sell you the item for a smaller fee.

This personal loot cannot be shut off as far i know and one more negative side is if you don't like looting stuff(which would be very odd since Diablo is all about loot more or less), then you're pretty much fudged.

You have to pick up stuff you want since no one else than you can see the items. However if you loot an item first and drop it at the ground, all other players in your game should be able to see it. Hope this answer was to your satisfaction.
I love this system a lot better than D2...especially since I have a penchant for ranged classes.
Reply Quote
04/19/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Nephalem
Damm I've been leaving some items sit for other players trying not to be greedy

LOL, nother reason to be thankful its beta.

Also good show of sportsmanship, your a rare breed these days.

I think Blizzard needs to come out with an announcement for it that everyone will notice. Maybe when D3 launches, on the right side where they have the beta announcements, they should just mention how loot is specific to you and you only, so don't be afraid to take everything! Because, as it stands now, I think there's a lot of people who don't realize other people can't see what you're seeing.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
i like the loot system they implemented. No more OMG WINDFORCE DROPPED!!! MUST CLICK FAST!!!! Misclick!Misclick!Misclick!Misclick!Misclick!Misclick!Misclick!.... awww f$%^&
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]