Diablo® III

ninjalooting?

85 Blood Elf Rogue
it states it in the game when you are playing how loot works in a group.. wait you can't log in so you can't see that :/
Reply Quote
It was this ^ that kept me from playing public games. So this change is a welcome site for me. :)
Reply Quote
so heres a question
lets say i pick something up that i want a rare legendary item geared to my class
but my inventory is full.
does that count as dropping it or is it only items specifically removed from your inventory
Reply Quote
so heres a question
lets say i pick something up that i want a rare legendary item geared to my class
but my inventory is full.
does that count as dropping it or is it only items specifically removed from your inventory

No, the item is not public loot unless it enters your inventory and is then dropped onto the ground.

In D2, the item would bounce if you couldn't pick it up due to full bags, correct?

In D3, the item just sits there and the hero says, "Bags are full!" or something to that affect.
Reply Quote
A boss in D2 usually dropped 1 really good items and the rest of them were crap.
In D3, will the boss drop 4 good items for all 4 people so they can take 1 each or will the only the lucky winner take it?
Reply Quote
There is no such thing as ninja looting anymore.
Reply Quote
04/21/2012 09:28 PMPosted by DirtySyko

LOL, nother reason to be thankful its beta.

Also good show of sportsmanship, your a rare breed these days.

I think Blizzard needs to come out with an announcement for it that everyone will notice. Maybe when D3 launches, on the right side where they have the beta announcements, they should just mention how loot is specific to you and you only, so don't be afraid to take everything! Because, as it stands now, I think there's a lot of people who don't realize other people can't see what you're seeing.

On the open beta they mention this on the loading screen I believe or by some form of tip. Believe me blizzard has mentioned it in the game and I guess people are not paying attention.
Reply Quote
04/19/2012 05:33 PMPosted by Jerakk

LOL, nother reason to be thankful its beta.

Also good show of sportsmanship, your a rare breed these days.

Yeah good thing I read this thread. I'm one of those guys that if I see something I don't need, I just let someone else grab it. Good to know that I'll have to pick it up first n' drop it to let someone else have it. Would have been a real waste just letting it sit on the ground collecting dust and not knowing that others couldn't see it.

You actual want to keep all of the junk items you dont want. They will need to be broken down for blacksmithing mats. Some of the better items you can obtain are from your blacksmith. In other words, you can use everything that drops in some way, shape, or form, so don't leave stuff lying around.
Reply Quote
I was always the guy with the quick and accurate draw on the items. Sucked at the actual game, but when it came to nabbing all the good loot - I was your man.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
when a rare legendary would drop.

I don't think we played the same game. Diablo 2 didn't have legendaries.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Awesome. Now instead of getting scumbag players that dont contribute to killing mobs and just wait for things to drop to pick up they will now want to contribute as much as possible to get more drops for themselves. So now everyone is satisfied with the drops and everyone is doing thier part in the group.
Reply Quote
Finally, the tank wont stop focusing the boss to go grab an item before everyone else does, causing everyone to die. XD
Reply Quote
Yes I have to say +1 good sir. Your type is a disappearing species.
Good on ya Mate. I hope to run with folks like you in a few short hours.

PS all you ninjas... It's over. Or rather it never was for you.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Personally i think the new system is kind of boring, having to be the first one to click an item was part of the fun (besides when bots pick it up instantly). wish there was a way to go back to the old style..
Reply Quote
gayest feature ever.. games cant be unforgiving anymore,it has to be made for wow kids, no PK,no scaming, no stealing,no cussing,no harass, no fun.

seriously, big part of the fun in D2 was to make other people cry, then being scammed and cry too because you lost everything.. so you went ninja looting some fools for something to trade in those trade games full of noobs to exploit.

Think about it.. none of this will be in d3.. it kinda suck.
Reply Quote
A boss in D2 usually dropped 1 really good items and the rest of them were crap.
In D3, will the boss drop 4 good items for all 4 people so they can take 1 each or will the only the lucky winner take it?

lol did you even play d2? 99% of the time ALL boss drops were utter crap.I hope it stays like this too.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/windforce

Delicious
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]